All reviews location is lovely the main house attending a wedding other guests cooked breakfast cabin newmarket granary
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I work as a contract worker and stayed at the Garden Lodge every week for over two years until November 2011. That in itself must say how highly I consider this excellent and unusual B+B. The chalets are warm, comfortable and very well equipped. Charles and Anna can't do enough for you and the breakfast is excellent. For those who are looking for a great place to stay that's a bit different to the most places to stay I can't recommend it highly enough.

Geoff S

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I loved it here, the owners are friendly and very accomodating with awkward arrival/departure times. The breakfast was wonderful, which is always a bonus, and the rooms comfortable and spacious. The lodge is separate from the house so you can come and go as you please without disturbing anyone, and the garden is well kept and pleasent to relax in. All in all, I hope to go back some day soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This is a great B&B with a lovely relaxed feeling,gardens are pretty ,this adds to the 'getting away from it all' feeling .The hosts are friendly and helpful and its the best cooked breakfast I have had anywhere!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We stayed at Garden lodge for a short break.The hosts were very welcoming and knowledgable of things to do in the area.
A word of warning,if you manage to eat all of the excellent cooked breakfast you will get an even larger plateful the next day!
We would not hesitate to recommend this B&B and will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2010

At first appearances, the Garden Lodge is extremely well presented, clean and homely. Our problem came in the evening when we retired to bed - we had returned after a night out with friends and two other parties were in the rooms either side of ours. We could hear everything.....conversation, toileting, snoring, farting... the lot. Not pleasant and definitely not private. We left this accommodation in the middle of the night because my husband couldn't stand the racket from the other rooms! We did speak to the owners but they didn't seem particularly interested in helping us. I can't believe that other guests hadn't raised this issue with them - they told us it hadn't been a problem for any other guest. We did pay the owners before we left because I don't believe in ripping people off (we called another hotel in the area and got a room there instead - that weekend cost us a bl**dy fortune!). I subsequently complained about the B&B to the AA, who have given this place 4 stars. If you read the AA's criteria for a 4 star B&B there is no way this property meets the standards for noise. The AA never gave us a satisfactory response to the complaint though...... so no-where else for us to go but TripAdvisor.

On the website this place looked fantastic but it sadly doesn't live up to its promises. The thing that annoyed us most was the owners' blatant denial that sound bleed was an issue and that it had never happened before! Avoid!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple