All reviews spa facilities groupon deal lovely spa elemis products steam room small pool luxury room sorbet wedding venue spa break north wales hydrotherapy pool evening meal brasserie restaurant high standard an overnight stay first class
Reviewed 25 January 2017

We had our wedding at the Kinmel and the day itself was amazing thanks to the staff and Adrian, the wedding coordinator. All of the guests on the day commented on how great the food was and how the staff went over and above to make it our special day. The hotel is very very tidy and the rooms are of a good standard. Would stay again without question

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jodyjohnson3451
Reviewed 24 January 2017

We stayed at the Kinmel Friday – Sunday on a groupon deal. Overall I was very impressed with our stay and thought it was a bargain for the price. The best part was definitely the spa. I would recommend getting a treatment, even though it was expensive it was worth it, the lady that gave the massage was brilliant, she really took time to find out what I wanted. When it was over I was given some strawberry sorbet and got taken into the tranquillity room which was very relaxing, I didn’t want to leave. The meal in the brasserie was also a highlight, the food and staff were lovely. The breakfast in the morning was nice, it was buffet style but I felt it was to a high standard. The cleaning of the room was also very good, whoever cleaned it went above and beyond what I would normally expect, they even folded our clothes and put them in the wardrobe.

There were a couple of things I felt could have been improved on, when we arrived the car park gate was down, we tried ringing the call button and phoning reception but no one answered so we had to leave the car at the gate and walk to reception to get the code, the receptionist seemed slightly annoyed and I felt like she blamed us for not being able to get in. The view from the room was also disappointing, it faced a wall so there was no view, as we were on a deal I’m assuming we got the cheapest room but I think if I had paid the full amount I would have been really disappointed with this. The hotel is also very popular with weddings and there was one on the weekend we were there, we could hear the music from our room as we were on the first floor, it did disturb our sleep, I feel like we should have been told about this before booking or at least moved to a room where we couldn’t hear the music. The wedding guests also congregating by the front door smoking which made it unpleasant to go for a walk around the grounds or sit outside. Lastly there was no soap in our bathroom to wash our hands, we ended up using the body wash that was provided, I don’t know if that was what they intended but it seemed a bit strange.

Even though there were a few things that were not great I would recommend this hotel especially if you can get the groupon offer.

Room Tip: Room 302 had a view of a wall
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017

From arrival we were looked after superbly - the canapes and fizz cocktails were excellent. Our table was beautifully decorated. The four course meal that followed was tasty, hot and plentiful. The singer was good and we dance the night away. Tom and his team again has made our New Year's Eve memorable. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We and our very good friends enjoyed our 5th New Year celebration at The Kinmel. The food, service, ambience and musical entertainment have never disappointed us. We will return for the 6th time this NYE - the Management and Staff really know how to do it well!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Went to the kinmel hotel for their New Year's Eve event. It was probably the best New Year's Eve we have had in the last 10 years. Great food, well organised and excellent music. Top night had by all.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends