Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Brilliant fun

I had such a great day with guides Celine and Adrien and the rest of our group canyoning in the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
rlev6157
via mobile
Not to be missed, worth every cent!

Canyoning in the Torrent River was one of the most hectic things we did in the whole South Island... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lauren F

Recommended experiences in and around Motueka
from US$165.05
from US$165.05
from US$63.27
from US$96.28
More Info
All reviews torrent river zip lining comfort zone new zealand canyoning experience abel tasman great fun water taxi an absolute blast wet suits photos and videos perfect balance amazing trip cliff jumping hot drinks slippery rocks big jumps
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Kayaking is our first passion, so when I told our kayak club members we were incorporating some Canyoning in to our 10 day kayaking trip around Nelson, it took some convincing. For most it was their first experience of Canyoning and the thought of sliding, abseiling, jumping and zip lining down a freezing cold river was a challenge 10 of us were keen to experience.
Firstly, we must say how impressed we were with the professionalism, safety and humour on the day, of all their team on and off the water.
Secondly, we were all treated as equals no matter whether male or female, young or maturer. We all achieved what we wanted out of the day.
Thirdly, the free photos were just awesome and meant one less thing for us to worry about.
Fourthly, we all agreed it was excellent value for money.
All in all, we would all highly recommend Abel Tasman Canyons and hope to return in a year or so with another group to give them the same opportunity to experience this epic adventure!
Thanks from all of us (Bay of Plenty Yakity Yak Kayak Club Members)

Date of experience: March 2016
AbelTasmanCanyons, Front Office Manager at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Yakity Yak! You guys were an absolute treat! Our guides were over the moon excited by the way everyone pushed them selves to try something new. Thank you all for coming with us on a different kind of adventure, we cannot wait to do it all again next year.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

There are not enough good things that I can say about Abel Tasman Canyoning. My husband, Patrick and I, went out on March 29, 2016 with Lee and Mark. We chose the Epic Waterfall Creek option—for experienced and adventurous canyoners. We could NOT have made a better choice. We were super lucky to be just the two of us with two guides. I don't even have words. We abseiled down a crazy number of waterfalls of varrying difficulty. We slid down 3-4 great waterfall slides. We scrabbeled over boulders and down difficult paths. By the end of the day, my husband and I were wiped out in the BEST way possible. We could barely move and we couldn't get rid of the smiles on our faces. Waterfall Creek is not an easy trip. We'd hiked the Tongoriro Alpine Crossing and completed a 7 hour Waitomo Caving adventure and this was by far more difficult. Our legs were jelly and we wouldn't have had it any other way. Lee and Mark were professional, kind, and a BLAST to hang out with. This was an ultimate highlight of our trip. The park was stunning. The adventure was EXTREME. We were so proud, thrilled, excited, exhausted, and beyond happy at the end of our adventure that we'd already planned to come back and do it again. If you want to do just ONE extreme thing while you're in New Zealand. This is it! I couldn't recommend them enough. A one-of-a-kind adventure with a premier tour company.

Date of experience: March 2016

Kelly your words have given us all goose bumps! We are elated to hear your trip went so well. Waterfall Creek is a wopper of a day physically and mentally. Congratulations on accomplishing the most epic trip we have to offer!

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Went to NZ for 6 weeks and this was, without a doubt, the best day of our holiday!!! I would recommend it to anyone. Firstly, The Abel Tasman National Park is just breathtakingly beautiful. Secondly, canyoning is the most fun you could ever have! This was my first experience canyoning and I didn't really know what to expect but the torrent river canyon trip was great for first timers with good jumps, abseils and more, with alternatives for those who perhaps aren't feeling quite as brave. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie so I did all of it! It's a sad moment when you come to the end of the canyon, you never want it to end!! The guides, Tim and Mark were great too and made it a very entertaining and unforgettable day! Also great customer service when booking! Can't fault whatsoever!

Well done guys!

Date of experience: December 2015

Hey Chloe sounds like you were all smiles all day! I've given Tim and Mark the big thumbs up from you. Thank you so much for writing us this review and for coming to experience Torrent River with us.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Awesome adrenaline filled experience in an awesome location taken care of and motivated by even more awesome Guides! would definitely do this again! Just do it!

Date of experience: March 2016

Tristan you are AWESOME! Thank you for writing us this review and thank you for joining us on an action packed day in the canyon.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

As a local I had no idea the Canyon even existed. It had to be one of the most challenging and fun experiences I have had in a truly beautiful National Park, Our guides Lee and Chris were amazing and very professional and safety instructions were always at the forefront, but they always made it fun. Highly recommend to anyone visiting the Abel Tasman who wants to challenge themselves.

Date of experience: March 2016

There is something particularly special for us being able to take local people in to Torrent River and show them a part of their own backyard they haven't seen before. Thank you Fiona for writing us this review.