Open today: 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
An Amazing Experience

Myself and my partner did the torrent river recently and was an amazing experience! We were well... read more

Reviewed 11 April 2022
sarahreneevankleef
Torrent River Canyoning - Brilliant!

We really enjoyed our Canyoning Experience with Abel Tasman Canyons. I have to admit to being a... read more

Reviewed 28 January 2022
James R
Wellington, New Zealand

All reviews torrent river comfort zone zip line canyoning experience abel tasman made us feel stunning scenery oscar slides abseiling canoeing sliding jumps adrenaline nz cliffs fitness
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

This is one of the best adventure activity I've ever done. It was a great day fill of variety and challenge. Everything was seamless and the guides were amazing. The water taxi, the stroll in the park, the canyoning, the lunch, & the staff were all outstanding. I totally recommended this company and the torrent river trip.

Date of experience: March 2015
AbelTasmanCanyons, Front Office Manager at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

Hi Kim we are so stoked to see you had such a great time!! Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

I went Canyoning with Abel Tasman Canyons and I can say it was the highlight of my trip. The Abel Tasman National Park is beautiful and the best way to see it is by doing a Canyoning trip. We had lots of fun jumping, abseiling and sliding down the canyon. Our guides Tim and Lana were fantastic, they looked after us and made sure we all had a great time while being safe at all times too. Thank you so much! A must do while in New Zealand.

Date of experience: January 2016

Hey Elena!! Thank you so much for your review, we're so happy you had such a great time out there with us.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

We enjoyed this trip during our time in the Abel Tasman area of NZ (near Nelson). We hiked in beautiful surrounds, stopping to enjoy great views, and then the canyon adventure began. We had at least 4 hours of solid fun in the canyon, jumping into pools, sliding down rocks into small waterfalls, sailing into water from flying foxes, abseiling into water,and rock hopping our way down a canyon. The water was refreshingly cool on a hot day (but you need the wonderfully maintained and warm wetsuits that are provided). The canyon was stunning and only accessible through this adventure. I never felt unsafe in the care of our guides Tim and Lana and their enthusiasm made me want to try whatever crazy challenge the canyon presented. Their company was a good part of the fun and I couldn't ask for 2 better people to spend a day with! I've had a fair bit of experience with adventurous activities and I'd have to say this still was exciting to me. Wouldn't recommend it to those that haven't tried anything a little bold in the outdoors.
Abel Tasman Canyons made sure they made it easy for us to get to and from the meeting point in Motueka with transfer arrangements smoothly sorted for us.

Date of experience: January 2016

Sounds like you truly made the most of your experience in Torrent River! We really appreciate your review, thank you so much and don't stop adventuring!!

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

The best activity in NZ! Great canyon, cool jumps and awesome slides. Guided by Lee and Lana this activity has been fun right from the start.

Date of experience: January 2016

Wow that's big praise, cheers Sebastian for coming out on an epic mission with us!!

Reviewed 28 January 2016

We had such an incredible day with Abel Tasman Canyons. Our guides Tim and Lana were extremely helpful and made for a very fun day. Thanks again!

Date of experience: January 2016

Glad to hear you had such a fun day! Thank you so much for writing this review.