Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Brilliant fun

I had such a great day with guides Celine and Adrien and the rest of our group canyoning in the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
rlev6157
via mobile
Not to be missed, worth every cent!

Canyoning in the Torrent River was one of the most hectic things we did in the whole South Island... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lauren F

Recommended experiences in and around Motueka
from US$165.05
from US$165.05
from US$63.27
from US$96.28
More Info
All reviews torrent river zip lining comfort zone new zealand canyoning experience abel tasman great fun water taxi an absolute blast wet suits photos and videos perfect balance amazing trip cliff jumping hot drinks slippery rocks big jumps
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Had such an amazing trip today with guides Tim and Mark into the canyon. Got to do many super cool jumps, zips, abseils and slides. If you're going to Abel tasman make sure you're doing the canyoning!

Date of experience: January 2016
AbelTasmanCanyons, Front Office Manager at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

It is awesome to hear you enjoyed our canyon and all it has to offer! I will make sure Tim and Mark get a pat on the back from you, thank you Jennifer.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

We did a lot of great things in NZ but this is definitely at the top of the list. My family had an amazing time canyoning in Abel Tasman with this company. The guides were extraordinary and it was SO much fun. Wetsuit, lunch, snacks and tons of encouragement provided! You do need to have a medium level of fitness for sure but the guides can adapt a lot of the slides and/or jumps to your level. Do not miss this!!!!!

Date of experience: December 2015

We were so lucky to have your family join us for an awesome day in canyon! Thank you all for coming out and thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Waterfall Creek trip we took with these guys. It was amazing.

Date of experience: December 2015

You were defiantly a keen bean taking on and concurring Waterfall Creek! Cheers Jack for your kind words.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We did the torrent river trip. I thought when first booking I wanted to do the waterfall creek because I didn't want to do little jumps and slides etc. but it said you needed previous canyoning experience which we didn't have. So I booked torrent River. I am very glad we did because it was more than I expected. Now I understand why you need previous canyoning experience. We had a great time, but all in with the hike, the abseiling, walking on slippery rocks, I was spent at the end. This was just the perfect amount of adventure.

Date of experience: January 2016

Sounds like our Torrent River trip had your name on it! We hope you enjoyed a well deserved beer after an epic days adventuring with us. Thank you Alexis for writing this review we appreciate it!

Reviewed 7 January 2016

My partner Aaron and I loved this adventure! Tim was an excellent guide and gave us all a sense of confidence in him and ourselves which you definitely need. The day started with a water taxi ride across to Anchorage which in itself was an adventure with all the bumps and beautiful scenery. We then hiked through the bush up to the top of the canyon and spent a few hours absailing, zip-lining, jumping off rocks and through waterfalls all the way to the bottom. It was an exhilarating experience and whist waiting for the others in the team, you could look around and marvel at the incredible waterfalls, boulders, water etc. We had a great team, lots of fun and would definitely recommend this adventure!

Date of experience: January 2016
AbelTasmanCanyons, Front Office Manager at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

Thanks Malavika for writing this great review. We are happy to hear you loved your adventure in Torrent River. Tim was stoked to have such a nice group of people to guide through the canyon on his birthday. We are glad you took the time to take in the stunning scenery. Cheers