Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
BEST day

Had an AMAZING time with Oscar and Mark. Felt completely safe but out of my comfort zone at the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
142mathildef
Marchwood, United Kingdom
via mobile
A fun challenging day out

5 of us friends decided to do a bit of an adventure in the Able Tasman National Park and this was... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Melissa W
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Motueka
from US$167.97
from US$64.39
from US$167.97
from US$97.98
More Info
All reviews torrent river zip lining comfort zone new zealand canyoning experience abel tasman great fun water taxi an absolute blast photos and videos wet suits free photos perfect balance amazing trip a lot of fun cliff jumping hot drinks
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Absolutely fabulous day especially the zip line & abseiling for me and the slides and jumps for him. AWESOMENESS !!!

Date of experience: February 2015
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

Something for everyone! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Our day started with torrential rain but the instructors- Toine, Matt and Lee were enthusiastic and encouraging, so we all felt pretty pumped to go do it! Two people had not turned up (why?!) so only Matt and Lee came up with us, and after the very wet walk up our spirits also felt a little dampened (pardon the pun) but then the sun came out and we all felt excited again whilst having a satisfying sany for lunch. However, with the heavy rain, Toine decided to race up the hill and join us just to be on the safe side, which was reassuring to know we were in 3 pairs of safe hands!

Then the canyoning began... I was a little nervous to start but once you have got wet you suddenly gain confidence and feel up for pretty much anything they throw at you! But there is never any pressure, if you aren't happy about something there is always and easier option. We were laughing the whole way down, it was great fun and the guys are very entertaining too.

It is a great walk up to the canyon - I am sure it would have been awesome views too, if it wasn't so rainy! A little fitness is required but you definitely don't need to be a marathon runner.

Great day thanks Matt, Toine and Lee :)

Date of experience: February 2015

Awesome review, thank you very much! It was indeed an exciting start to the day with some heavy unexpected showers. Luckily it eased off quickly so we could go ahead. Great to hear you enjoyed it so much, even the walk in the rain!

Reviewed 1 February 2015

Just outstanding! We had an incredible day, filled with tons of fun and excitement. Thank you so much, Toine and Matt, for that experience!

Date of experience: January 2015

Our pleasure Timo! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

An amazing day of fun, guided by professionals who encourage but don't push you beyond your limits. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed the day. A must do if you are lucky enough to be in the Able Tasman.

Date of experience: January 2015

Thank you! That's exactly what we aim for; challenging people without pushing them too far.

Reviewed 29 January 2015

I have a slight fear of heights and I HATE cold water, so I had to be talked into this and the whole wetsuit thing (never tried one), but let me tell you it was TOTALLY worth it. Lee, Toine and Matt are fantastic guides that go out of their way to make sure you're having fun and are totally safe and reasonably within your comfort zone. They take tons of photos and video for you for free (no additional $50 fee like some other tours). Plus you get almost 2 hours of hiking, plus the scenic water taxi ride there and back plus some fun surprises along the way. I almost passed up this tour but after running into folks that did it the previous day I signed up--and I'm so glad I did. I also vote this best value since it's an all day excursion; I paid over $200 for a 7-minute paragliding adventure and for a 30-minute helicopter ride. My money was best spent on this canyoning adventure.

Date of experience: January 2015

Great! Real good to hear you enjoyed your experience whilst having a slight fear of heights and hating cold water! Glad you let yourself get talked into this one. Thank you!