Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great day

It was an amazing day. Jake and mark made sure that we had the best experience ever. They told us... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Ben K
via mobile
Blue creek dry canyon kahurangi national park

We did the torrent river canyon with Abel Tasman canyons last year, so decided to do the dry slot... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
nzp0ppy
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand

Recommended experiences in and around Motueka
from US$168.53
from US$64.60
from US$168.53
from US$98.31
More Info
All reviews torrent river zip lining comfort zone new zealand canyoning experience abel tasman great fun water taxi an absolute blast photos and videos wet suits free photos perfect balance amazing trip a lot of fun big jumps juice
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I did "Waterfall creek" with Abel Tasman Canyon's team, it was an amazing trip, everything was perfect : one day in the paradise,
thanks !

Date of experience: January 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thanks Rod! Great canyoning with you, I'll have to come visit you in Europe!!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We had a fantastic day out in the Torrent Canyon. Highly recommend. Toine was a great guide laid back and down to earth yet safe! Cant wait to go again!

Date of experience: April 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Good stuff Amy! Very nice meeting you both and I have to say great skills in the canyon! You are naturals! See you again next season!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

In fact come to New Zealand simply to do this.

I have spent nearly a year here in New Zealand and this has got to be my favourite trip by a long way. Able Tasman Canyons is awesome fun. It has everything, a day in the most beautiful national park in NZ, the water taxi to the stunning Anchorage Bay is a trip in itself, then a short an informative tramp through the National Park with some top views. Wait a minute, I've loved it already and we haven't even started the Canyoning!!
When you do get to the canyon, the adventure really begins, Toine and Lee are excellent as guides, somehow they manage to pull off a high emphasis on safety, but also max out on the fun, thrills and spills. They have you climbing, swimming, sliding, zip lining, abseiling, and jumping your way through the canyon, which is by the way, simply stunning! We did the Torrent River trip.
Its a laugh a minute the whole way, I was very impressed with the route, its constant action all the way, with great little snack and drink stops to keep you energised. The guys take some incredible photos too, and share them on facebook/dropbox for free.Just don't forget to 'Look Cool', which I for some unknown reason seemed to find incredibly difficult!

I really don't know what else to say apart from DO THIS!

All the gear you need is included, and as mentioned, drinks, snacks and a top lunch too. You really do get amazing value for money with Abel Tasman Canyons, considering all you get to do, and the trip is a full day out. Thanks again guys!

Date of experience: March 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thanks Ian! You definitely look cool in most photos, there's a few interesting facials tho... ;) Thanks for a great day out mate! We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Seriously, this was one of the *funnest* days of my life. I had no idea what to expect and the day kept growing, evolving, and blossoming into more laughter, thrills, personal accomplishments and beauty than I could ever have imagine. Toine and Lee were a killer team to lead us - and I can't imagine a better experience of Abel Tasman!

Date of experience: April 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thanks Lisa! You really challenged yourself in there, great job!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

With only 2 weeks in New Zealand, we were initially a bit bummed out that we weren't going to be able to make it to Queenstown and all the adventures down there, but we were pretty excited to see that there was a new Canyoning tour set up in Abel Tasman National Park. When we booked the Torrent River canyoning adventure, it was the first canyoning experience for my girlfriend and I, but still way more than I expected and definitely the most adventurous tour we booked in NZ. Toine and Lee were fantastic and fun guides, and I was impressed with their attention to safety throughout the duration of our trip. After nearly a full day of hiking up, abseiling, ziplining, and finally chilling on Anchorage Beach (one of the few without the dern sandflies), I have to say this was the highlight of our trip! Also appreciate Toine and Lee's photography and sharing of the photos afterwards.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank Paul K
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thanks Paul! We're really happy that you walked away with such a good experience!