Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Blue creek dry canyon kahurangi national park

We did the torrent river canyon with Abel Tasman canyons last year, so decided to do the dry slot... read more

Reviewed yesterday
nzp0ppy
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
BEST day

Had an AMAZING time with Oscar and Mark. Felt completely safe but out of my comfort zone at the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
142mathildef
Marchwood, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Motueka
from US$167.97
from US$64.39
from US$167.97
from US$97.98
More Info
All reviews torrent river zip lining comfort zone new zealand canyoning experience abel tasman great fun water taxi an absolute blast photos and videos wet suits free photos perfect balance amazing trip a lot of fun cliff jumping hot drinks
Reviewed 3 March 2013

If you are visiting New Zealand and are looking for something fun, unique and adventurous to do, canyoning in Abel Tasman is a MUST! What could be better than hiking to the top of a beautiful and remote canyon, then sliding and abseiling down stunning waterfalls and jumping into crystal clear pools of water until you reach the bottom again! Anyone can do this, whether you are an adrenaline junky or someone who just wants to try something new in a special part of NZ. The guides, Toine and Lee, are fantastic and will make you feel safe at all times. I guarantee you will feel like you've achieved something at the end of the day! It was my first visit to NZ, and three of us went to Waterfall Creek. I can honestly say, it was the highlight of our holiday. I can't recommend it enough and will definitely be back to tackle a few more of the canyons! Thanks Toine and Lee!

Date of experience: February 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thanks Jo!! It was an awesome day out with you girls and Drew! Super happy to hear you had a blast and that you felt safe and challenged all at the same time! Just what we want! See you again!

Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Our day with the Abel Tasman Canyon team was a birthday treat for my water loving partner. I was a slightly reluctant but willing companion. Well, what a day we had, right from the start, Toine and Lee were amazing. Fun, knowledgeable, professional - they
ensured that we had a 'once in a lifetime' day. The equipment was top notch, lunch was great. Both Toine and Lee - as well as the other 4 people on our trip - were supportive and encouraging when I felt apprehensive about some of the jumps and slides. Both my partner and I just loved the day and would highly recommend it - even if you are slightly more mature in years. It's not just for young things! As long as you are fit and willing! Talk to Toine if you are unsure of your ability - he gives great and realistic advice on what you are expected to do.
Many thanks to Toine and Lee and also to Anna, Rosie, Eric and Candice who were all amazing xx

AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

You guys were amazing in the canyon! Thanks for a great day out and for your awesome feedback. I'm really happy that we got you out of your comfort zone and that you walked away with such a positive experience! Good on ya for challenging yourself!

Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

This experience (torrent river) blew us away! It was so much more than just a canyoning trip - it was the best way to see so many aspects of the park itself. From the boat ride in, to the hike through the bush, the canyon itself, and the beach at the end we got to experience it all - and in the wonderful company of our amazing guide Lee whose passion for the park was addictive!

The canyoning itself couldn't have been better - excellent gear, brilliant and experienced guide, zip lines, big jumps, slides and an extremely beautiful canyon.

Best outdoor adventure activity we've done - I'd recommend Abel Tasman Canyons to anyone

Awesome, thanks for your review! Really pleased to hear you had such a good time and that you appreciated all the things that make up for a complete Abel Tasman experience.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Toine, Lee, and Ben provided a very challenging, but safe, environment to see a part of Abel Tasman that few have or will see again. All the hard work in the beginning of the trip was well worth it as "Waterfall Creek" is a teffically beautiful canyon, with pure/drinkable water, amazing features, and more than a few killer canyoning elements. All the gear provided by ATC was first-rate and very comfortable, and the instruction the group received empowered us to make it through the trip without injury and with knowledge you can take with you for a lifetime.
And to echo the other reviewers: Toine and Lee are great guys who know their stuff. There wasn't a dull moment until we got back in the van - Fonzi - and promptly dozed off on the way back to Motueka.
Thanks again, guys. I'm a fan for life!

Date of experience: February 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Good stuff Drew! Sounds like you've been bitten by the canyoning bug. There's plenty of opportunities to get into it back in the States, mainly on a recreational basis. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you some links. Enjoy the relaxing part of your holiday up North!!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I can really, really recommend Abel Tasman Canyoning!!! Very thing was perfect from the beginning! They have a very detailed brochure where you can decide which tour fits you best: What kind of fitnesslevel do I need; how much canyoning, abseiling, sliding, swimming,... will be included; where do I have to be at what time; how long does the trip take and how much does it cost.
When we met our guides Toine and Lee, they were very sympathic from the beginning and explained every thing to us. We rode with the water taxi (price is included!) to a cute bay, started hiking, had some breaks and learnt a lot about the nature and Maori culture. When we reached the canyon they gave us lunch before we headed into three hours full of adrenalin!!! :) We had soooo much fun – actually I couldn´t stop laughing – and did incredible awesome things in the canyon! It was amazing!!! Every now and then, they offered us some juice and musli bars, so that we kept going! ;) In the end we hiked back a bit and enjoyed the water taxi ride again.
For a perfect day they even recommended a really good restaurant in town.
The day was perfect and I definitly will come back to do CANYONING with Abel Tasman Canyoning again!!!
Thank you soooo much guys!!!

Date of experience: February 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thanks for an awesome review Annika!! We're looking forward to seeing you back here in one of the other canyons! Enjoy the rest of your wold trip!!