Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Limit pushing first experience

First time canyoning. We both found it a challenging and fun experience. While all the jumps were... read more

Reviewed 27 March 2021
SimonAnas
Amazing Day!

Thank you for an absolutely awesome trip! Despite initial worries, everyone had an amazing time... read more

Reviewed 17 February 2021
ArohaAbelTasman
Motueka, New Zealand

All reviews zip lining canyoning experience great fun water taxi national park highlight of our trip amazing experience oscar slides abseiling canoeing sliding jumps adrenaline nz juri hike
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I can really, really recommend Abel Tasman Canyoning!!! Very thing was perfect from the beginning! They have a very detailed brochure where you can decide which tour fits you best: What kind of fitnesslevel do I need; how much canyoning, abseiling, sliding, swimming,... will be included; where do I have to be at what time; how long does the trip take and how much does it cost.
When we met our guides Toine and Lee, they were very sympathic from the beginning and explained every thing to us. We rode with the water taxi (price is included!) to a cute bay, started hiking, had some breaks and learnt a lot about the nature and Maori culture. When we reached the canyon they gave us lunch before we headed into three hours full of adrenalin!!! :) We had soooo much fun – actually I couldn´t stop laughing – and did incredible awesome things in the canyon! It was amazing!!! Every now and then, they offered us some juice and musli bars, so that we kept going! ;) In the end we hiked back a bit and enjoyed the water taxi ride again.
For a perfect day they even recommended a really good restaurant in town.
The day was perfect and I definitly will come back to do CANYONING with Abel Tasman Canyoning again!!!
Thank you soooo much guys!!!

Date of experience: February 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thanks for an awesome review Annika!! We're looking forward to seeing you back here in one of the other canyons! Enjoy the rest of your wold trip!!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had a awesome day in with Toine and Lee as my very humorous and helpful guides in "Torrent River". Both told us much about canyoning and Abel Tasman. It's a great way to visit another part of Abel Tasman Nationalpark which you can't see easily by foot. The atmosphere of the group was great and everyone had much fun. But nevertheless it was very exciting andexhausting trip.
It is a thoroughly enjoyable adventure!!!

Date of experience: January 2013
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thanks for the review! Really happy to hear you had a good time and appreciated our lame jokes!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Canyoning was a great way to get to see the Abel Tasman National Park. With the watertaxi we visited Apple rock, after which we made our way to Ancorache Bay. After a beautiful walk through the bush (where we learned some interesting facts) we descended the canyon. This is a very wild place where few have gone before. Exciting abseils, mad jumps, crazy slides and a zip wire lead us down back to the beach.
Thanks Toine and Lee!

Date of experience: December 2012
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

No worries Simon! We LOVE showing these special places to other people so thank YOU for joining us! All the best back there in Whales!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

the day I spent canyoning in Torrent Bay River was so great that I had to get some more the next day in Waterfall Creek.
this is the perfect opportunity to see Abel Tasman National Park like no one else. everyone has seen the beaches and the bush a million times already, but you can be part of the few lucky ones to see it from the "inside", ie going down a river.
Toine and Lee found some very good spots for canyoning.

Date of experience: January 2013

Thanks exactly right mate! So cool you joined us twice in a row. Well done!!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We had such a great day in 'Torrent River' canyon with Toine and Lee as our guides and we had a lovely bunch of people in our group. I wasn't sure whether I would be brave enough for this trip but everybody was very reassuring and it was clear that the guides knew exactly what they were doing. I suprised myself and enjoyed every minute!
We got to abseil down, jump off, wade through, swim, slide and zip wire our way down the canyon- amazing fun! This is a fantastic way to literally immerse yourself in the pristine natural environment of NZ- could really appreciate the unspoilt nature of the place.
Great lunch and refreshments too - especially the hot Raro!!
I would recommend this company to anyone!

Date of experience: November 2012
AbelTasmanCanyons, Owner at Abel Tasman Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Awesome! Thank you! Loving the fact that heaps of people mention the hot raro! Great to hear that you felt that you challenged yourself!