“Much improved”

Monroes Restaurant & Carvery
Ranked #95 of 216 Restaurants in Moraira
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Carvery. Family friendly. Large Car Park. Part of a small group of restaurants including Monroes in Pedreguer and the Nags Head in Benidorm.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t know where people are getting there reviews.

I used to go quite a lot sometimes twice a week every week and really did go down hill and I didn’t go back for about a year. Veg was mush etc

Decided to give it another go and I’ve been back again the last 5 weeks. Hugely improved and best its ever been and I’ve been going over 8 years.
The veg isn’t mush, and is nice and crisp. Meats excellent as always has been never a problem there. I think the all round quality is very good and at a good price.

As for the people twisting about the staff.... you must be looking for something just to complain about. The staff are always excellent, always friendly and give a warm welcome and seem to really work there socks off in a busy place. Your in Spain relax enjoy your beef. Only thing I could maybe say is the young girl could do with being shown how to carve properly but she’s getting there and everyone has to start somewhere.

I’ll be back at least once a week like I used to be. It’s good to see comments about veg being taken on board and done in smaller batches.

Steve G, General Manager at Monroes Restaurant & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Yes the management has changed, it takes time to make improvements, but I believe we are getting there.
We pride ourselves on our staff, unfortunately recently two staff called in sick just before we were opening and it was difficult to transfer staff from our already busy premises in Benidorm or Pedreguer both at leat 30 mins travel away, without leaving them understaffed for the rest of the shift.

Watch out for big changes coming in early July. Hopefully all the past problems will be eradicated.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Was here for breakfast,not bad. We went back for evening meal on Friday , had fish and chips with plastic packet tartar sauce and garden peas,( I did ask for mushy ! ) not good ! The wife had chicken curry 8.5 euro rubbish , if you can't do Quality put the price up ,it will still sell , there is no excuse,so don't give one !

1  Thank John T
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Meat scrappy, vegetables cold. Could only be brought to luke warm by gravy. Vegetables served in slow cooker pots all crammed into a corner area so not the feel of a carvery atmosphere.
Service had to be requested for all courses. No one was on the ball. Went at 4pm and clearly any interest in keeping food warm and giving service had waned.
Manager always seems baffled by poor reviews which baffles me!!!!!
I would not recommend as a carvery experience.

1  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I took some friends who had never been before. They were keen to try it. Firstly we must say it is very good value. I love the smoked mackerel starter. My friends had the homemade mushroom soup, and the other one had a prawn cocktail. All enjoyable. The only comments from my guests was that the gravy was very watery, and the Yorkshire Puddings were more like a flat pancake. But saying that we will be back.

Steve G, General Manager at Monroes Restaurant & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks for the review.
The gravy we use is vegetarian, so a bit thinner than stock based gravies. Sorry about the Yorkshire’s, that’s not our usual standard. We cook the veg in small batches on demand. If you ask, and don’t mind waiting a few minutes we would be happy to prepare some fresh.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

The food is quite average for a carvery, but it is a good price. 9 euros for 2 courses, can't really expect finest quality food. Good enough to be enjoyable. Reasonably nice setting.

Steve G, General Manager at Monroes Restaurant & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time for your short review.
We are not ‘front line’ Moraira, and our prices reflect that, but we try not to let the quality suffer.
If you want to retreat from the hubbub of the front for a meal, we do more than just a carvery, but a budget restaurant menu, with daily specials like Pie night, and Fishy Friday available all year round.