“Ribs ribs ribs”
Review of Sandbar Mana

Sandbar Mana
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mana
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Description: The Sandbar is a full service sports bar and restaurant looking out to Mana island. We offer great pub food, pizzas and bar snacks.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Glad that we have found a great local pub!! We moved in to the neighborhood not long ago and decided to try this pub on a Saturday night. The atmosphere was good, the restaurant wasn't jammed packed. The staff was friendly and helpful.
I had the ribs and it was the best ribs I ever had in NZ!! The sauce wasn't too smokey or too sweet, and the meat was falling off the bone. The ribs was very meaty and you get a decent amount of meat from there. The salad wasn't the best but I don't care lol.

They also have a two ribs for one on Wednesday. We went back once just to get the ribs takeaway. We paid $26 for two ribs and we were both very satisfied customers.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

This is a pretty average pub. The beer selection is fairly
Iimited. The menu has a reasonable selection but I didnt enjoy my braised beef. They added so much spice to it that the heat was too much and overpowered the juicy tender beef. Partner had the eggplant lasagne. He enjoyed it but the portion size was very small.
If this is your local pub its probably ok, but I wouldnt stop here specially.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

A sports bar with a good restaurant providing great value for money. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Gets a bit busy on big sports nights

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Had a beer and shared a pizza here. Very tasty pizza - they do half and half flavors which worked well. Macs beers on tap - yum.

Staff were friendly and service good.

Would go again for a simple stop while traveling. Thanks team.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I confess we're not regular pub goers. If we were I guess the Sandbar would be our "local" but I know we have been there only very occasionally over the years. We acknowledge it for what it is: a suburban venue, a bar with sports TV and a gaming room, and above average pub food. We'd also give them special credit for their courtesy bus to help stop drink-driving. So, with that context, how do we review it?

They advertise a "Happy Hour" 4-6pm and also special priced meals each day of the week. This attracted us yesterday evening for their Wednesday special of ribs and fries for $12, together with wine at $5 a glass. Excellent value! Compared to the American ribs we have usually found in NZ they are really spare on meat but we had no complaints at the Sandbar: the meat was plentiful and fell off the bone. To be frank we think the ribs had been boiled for tenderness and a BBQ sauce added straight before serving; ie no additional grilling (as in the States), but they really were not bad at all and, as I said, excellent value.

The weather yesterday was wet and cold so it we felt welcomed by the gas-fire and arm chairs of the Sandbar. We met some friendly neighbors we didn't know and so it was a pleasant evening. Nothing flash but hospitable and good value. Certainly we'll be tempted back - especially again by their daily specials and Happy Hour. Well done, Sandbar!