All reviews lovely hotel deluxe room recommend this hotel to anyone buffet breakfast mountain facing rooms within walking distance large variety rooms are small public areas shops and restaurants comfortable stay hotel is situated short stay secure parking a great stay art galleries surrounding mountains
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Menu recently had a revamp with lovely food and gourmet desert. Nice for dinner with your partner. Service also friendly. Restaurant decor elegant. Setting perfect. Hotel also provides lovely accommodation. Light lunch also available.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
LeeAnnBClarens, General Manager at Protea Hotel Clarens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear amandav00

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us.

My Chef will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the menu she designed, and more importantly the Kitchen Brigade will be very pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience.

Look out for our specials board in the restaurant - the Chef always adds something yummy or unique on there.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is well placed and generally clean. We were upgraded to an executive suite which is bigger but not really ideal when traveling with two kids as there is only space for a mattress on the floor which is a single. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
LeeAnnBClarens, General Manager at Protea Hotel Clarens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Dear Claire W

Thank you for sharing your review with us.

We offer inter-leading rooms for families to ensure that everyone gets a good nights' rest - be sure to ask for an inter-leading room type when you stay with us again.
Check out our website for special offerings and advance purchase deals.

Thank you for your comments regarding my STAFF, I am very proud of them and happy to learn that you found them to be helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Thank you Protea Hotel Clarens for making our stay one to remember! The service we recieved, from booking to check out, was simply outstanding! The Hotel is walking distance from the beautiful village which makes it very easy to get around. We will certainly be back very soon!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
LeeAnnBClarens, General Manager at Protea Hotel Clarens, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Indexa

Thank you for visiting the Protea Hotel Clarens, and for sharing your experience with us.

I am please that our location and close proximity to all the local attractions made a positive impact on your stay.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about my TEAM. I know that this will make them proud and keep them motivated to continue to achieve excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Remember to take full advantage of our "Advance purchase" offerings which offer discounts for booking more than 30 days in advance. Please let me know if I can assist with any future bookings.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

My girlfriend and I decided that on my birthday this year we were going to take a drive out to Clarens as this was always something we wanted to do and had heard good things about it.

When we arrived at the hotel, we had booked through bookings.com, our early check-in request had not yet reflected on the system. This was not an issue as we took a walk around town to have lunch. We got back to the room at 2pm. We were informed that the room was still not ready as the linen had not yet been brought back from the laundry. Management were extremely apologetic and did their utmost to keep us happy and come up with the solution, which they did.

The hotel is extremely well located right at the start of the main road that leads to the Square in the town centre. Everything was in walking distance from the hotel. The hotel also has a swimming pool which we did not use as it was during the middle of winter.

The rooms are comfortable and clean with room service available whenever you may need it. Breakfast in the mornings is also great with a good variety to choose from. The WiFi in the rooms is not amazing as it is quite slow.

Eventhough we had an issue on check, when I return to Clarens one day I will gladly stay here again

Room Tip: Recommend staying on the 2nd floor on the side with the view of the mountains not town
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear galovadia89

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your Birthday with us.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location.

My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting into your room early, but I am very pleased that you were able to get into Clarens and experience all the mysteries that make this wonderful little village such a great place to visit.

Thank you for your comments about our dining offerings and your room.
The swimming pool is great in the summer and goes perfectly with one of our fantastic cocktails or slushies.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us,

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We were a group of 27 people staying over at Protea Hotel Clarens. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had supper and breakfast there. They were so accommodating putting long tables to accommodate our big group to sit together. The service was excellent and the food delicious.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view with balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
LeeAnnBClarens, General Manager at Protea Hotel Clarens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Erna A

Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience with us.

My TEAM will be overjoyed to hear that they impacted positively on your stay.
I know this will keep them motivated and inspired to continue to strive for excellence.

Thank you for visiting Clarens, and for being a valued GUEST at the Protea Hotel Clarens.

I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Kindest Regrads