Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
CJB
Tauranga, New Zealand

Enjoyable Stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Mar 2024
We stayed for three nights and enjoyed our stay, would definitely return. Yes the room was tired with stains on the carpet and our main complaint would be the super low couch - too tricky for us to get out of. However the kitchen was great with a dishwasher too. Shower had great pressure. There was air con and ceiling fans. We had recordable Sky TV. The beach is just across the road and is stunning. The pool is nice, as is the spa. There was a dryer we could pay for and use just down the corridor. Staff with helpful. We felt it was reasonable value. Would be an amazing place if someone spent a few dollars on it.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
0.0 km from Taipa Beach Resort
No prepayment needed
  • Vio.com
5.6 km from Taipa Beach Resort
Free parking
This was my room with a great view..
$275
15.1 km from Taipa Beach Resort
No prepayment needed
16.2 km from Taipa Beach Resort
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
51.6 km from Taipa Beach Resort
View more hotels in Taipa
All reviews beach front spa pool restaurant staff full kitchen spent two nights great facilities accommodation dishwasher tennis court northland unit
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2024

Very tired - needs renovation. The carpet and furniture in our room were covered in stains which no amount of vacuuming was ever going to change. It is unacceptable to be charged for rooms in this condition. I certainly wouldn't tolerate it in my own home. The bedding was discoloured and I felt uncomfortable sleeping in it. Also needs replacing. The kitchen was the best part however the fridge stopped working because it was iced up. We went to the restaurant one night - very average - we asked for a cocktail to be told the ice machine was broken. Went back the next night for a cocktail - ice machine broken again. We couldn't understand why they didn't send someone to the pub up the road to buy some ice. I feel very sorry for the staff who were all very pleasant and apologetic. It's not fair to expect them to keep apologising when clearly some money needs to be spent to bring the property up to the standard required for the price they are charging.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2024

The Chocolate fountain was interesting. The service was reasonable, however the waiter did not know what Christmas music was.

There was a need to prompt the bar person to provide glasses for the $40.00 bottle of wine & a stand with a bucket and ice.

Christmas dinner was overpriced and really just a buffet. There are not many choices in Northland so this was one of the few places to go to. They definitely made the most of this.

There was nothing Christmasy about it apart from a few small pieces of Christmas cake. There were salads and pork belly, fish in a sauce and some kind of deep fried fish that made me wonder if it was recycled. The pork belly was smothered in gravy which also made me wonder the same.

Several people attended although some tables that were reserved did not show up. I would not go there again anyone who has worldly experience
or hospitality experience would be unsatisfied.

The free coffee voucher was a bonus. The view of the beach is nice, the staff friendly.

Room tip: Make a point of finding places to have Christmas that you are aware of the price. We were told $70.00 but it was 89.00 no drinks included
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2023

LOVED IT. I got a 1 Bedroom Superior Suite, room 705. I stayed for 2 nights and it was so snug and warm, also very clean and tidy. Room service was exceptionally fast and their chicken & bacon pasta is super good 🤤🥰

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2023

My partner and I came in for dinner on Easter Sunday - we were staying at the Doubtless Bay Villas for the Easter weekend.

I ordered Lamb Kofta as a starter and Ribs with Asian slaw as a main course.

The waitress brought my lamb to the table and it didn't take long for me to realise that it wasn't cooked properly. It was pink on the inside and in fact there was a small piece of completely raw lamb on the end of one of the skewers. I did eat a little bit of it and was showing it to my partner. I also told him that the Tzatziki wasn't very good either, however that may also just be personal preference.

Next thing, the waitress brought out my main course. There had been no questions about how the meal was in between so I had no opportunity to explain my thoughts. In addition to that, I still had the entree in front of me. I said to the waitress that I still had my entree and she made a comment along the lines of "oh yes" and then put the main course down on the table anyway.

I pushed the entree to one side as I wasn't really eating it anyway. The Ribs were quite good - the flavour was lacking in my opinion but that was just personal preference - they were cooked well. The Asian slaw was incredibly poor. It was a pile of shredded green and purple cabbage with a blob of mayo on the top. It was even a properly dressed coleslaw and certainly not Asian style that would have been dressed with lime, sesame oil, fish sauce etc. It was just a big pile of raw cabbage and no other vegetables.

I also had an extremely disappointing Pina Colada but again, I can put that down to personal preference but the green dyed dessicated coconut that was sprinkled on the top was really unpleasant.

My partner said his dinner of Cauli Manchurian followed by the Lamb Shank was very underseasoned and not enjoyable, however this is not something we would complain about but we think you should know that the quality wasn't there.

When we left, I went to the bar as I wanted to give the waitress a tip but that didn't happen as she said they can't take a tip by EFTPOS payment and my partner had already paid for the dinner. I wanted to give her a tip because she was kind and pleasant. I told her my thoughts on my dinner and she apologised. She was a very nice young woman and unfortunately I didn't get her name. But it was clear that the three very young women serving in the bar and restaurant that night were very undertrained. She had no idea what to do when she brought my main course out and the entree was still in front of me - mostly uneaten. I also felt that the waitstaff were underdressed for their role - black tights/yoga pants and tshirts are very unprofessional looking for dinner service at a restaurant where we spent almost $200.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2023

I was fully disgusted we booked out the so called run down villa we weren't accomodate properly nor no one follow or meet our needs the receptionist was exceptionally rude, went and asked about the oven in the so called villa

Room tip: Don't recommend going there
Date of stay: January 2023