Lowest prices for your stay
$207
Algotels
Agoda.com
$180
Easy and fast booking
All reviews beach front spa pool restaurant staff full kitchen spent two nights great facilities accommodation dishwasher tennis court northland unit
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2023

My partner and I came in for dinner on Easter Sunday - we were staying at the Doubtless Bay Villas for the Easter weekend.

I ordered Lamb Kofta as a starter and Ribs with Asian slaw as a main course.

The waitress brought my lamb to the table and it didn't take long for me to realise that it wasn't cooked properly. It was pink on the inside and in fact there was a small piece of completely raw lamb on the end of one of the skewers. I did eat a little bit of it and was showing it to my partner. I also told him that the Tzatziki wasn't very good either, however that may also just be personal preference.

Next thing, the waitress brought out my main course. There had been no questions about how the meal was in between so I had no opportunity to explain my thoughts. In addition to that, I still had the entree in front of me. I said to the waitress that I still had my entree and she made a comment along the lines of "oh yes" and then put the main course down on the table anyway.

I pushed the entree to one side as I wasn't really eating it anyway. The Ribs were quite good - the flavour was lacking in my opinion but that was just personal preference - they were cooked well. The Asian slaw was incredibly poor. It was a pile of shredded green and purple cabbage with a blob of mayo on the top. It was even a properly dressed coleslaw and certainly not Asian style that would have been dressed with lime, sesame oil, fish sauce etc. It was just a big pile of raw cabbage and no other vegetables.

I also had an extremely disappointing Pina Colada but again, I can put that down to personal preference but the green dyed dessicated coconut that was sprinkled on the top was really unpleasant.

My partner said his dinner of Cauli Manchurian followed by the Lamb Shank was very underseasoned and not enjoyable, however this is not something we would complain about but we think you should know that the quality wasn't there.

When we left, I went to the bar as I wanted to give the waitress a tip but that didn't happen as she said they can't take a tip by EFTPOS payment and my partner had already paid for the dinner. I wanted to give her a tip because she was kind and pleasant. I told her my thoughts on my dinner and she apologised. She was a very nice young woman and unfortunately I didn't get her name. But it was clear that the three very young women serving in the bar and restaurant that night were very undertrained. She had no idea what to do when she brought my main course out and the entree was still in front of me - mostly uneaten. I also felt that the waitstaff were underdressed for their role - black tights/yoga pants and tshirts are very unprofessional looking for dinner service at a restaurant where we spent almost $200.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2023

I was fully disgusted we booked out the so called run down villa we weren't accomodate properly nor no one follow or meet our needs the receptionist was exceptionally rude, went and asked about the oven in the so called villa

Room tip: Don't recommend going there
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 19 March 2023

We arrived at 2.30 check in time and were given the key to our room. We had a beach front unit with a bed and a fold out couch. The room was clean and had lots of useful amenities, including a dish washer. I am glad I didn't sleep on the fold out couch. The bed was comfortable and we appreciated the air conditioning and fan.
We tried the cocktails- $17 each. Nice to sit overlooking the beach and enjoy the afternoon sun. Staff were friendly and helpful. During dinner the manager took time to explain that she is working hard to improve the standards of the hotel. This is encouraging. Although we haven't stayed overnight at the resort before, we have dined, had coffee etc. several times over the last few years and it has been very average. We have been going for the view.
The Hotel pool was clean, but sadly the hot tub not able to be used. Great to sit under palm trees on sun loungers in relative quiet. We didn't make use of the tennis court.
Our dinner was well priced. I had a delicious chicken and bacon fettucini $29. My partner had pork ribs $32 with a very tasty coleslaw. Dessert was a flaming Brownie. I am glad the staff suggested 2 spoons as it was very filling. Tasty too. The brownie came with a white ganache and dried raspberries. In the morning we headed to the cafe end of the restaurant to have breakfast. For me, this is was a disappointment. I didn't enjoy my breakfast, particularly the hash browns. I didn't like the taste of them at all. We appreciate the manager trying to lift the standards of the place, training staff and having positive messages along the hallway. Keep at it. You have a superbly sited hotel, make the most of it.

Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2023

I was impressed by my allocated room, here, which had a full kitchen, lovely comfortable bed and a terrace area for seating outdoors. Check-in was seamless even though new staff were being trained. The dining room had sea views, small tables seating 4 guests which could be made into larger table space for groups. Service was efficient and the food prepared and presented well. It has a small car park available.

Room tip: Ground floor both beach view or pool (and tennis court) view.
Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 3 January 2023

Do not believe the pics they are so old, this resort, restaurant, rooms and grounds are a filthy disgrace. The poor few staff are out of there depth, absolutely no training with meals going to various wrong tables. Absolutely no service, you have to clear your own table to sit at, then order at bar youself paying first just like a takeaway shop. Ground person in gumboots walking through the restaurant swing a broom. Owners If you dont care sell to someone who does please!

Date of stay: January 2023