“Italian Countryside Get Away”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Villa Senaia

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
EDunham
Middleton, WI
“Italian Countryside Get Away”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Villa Senaia is as advertised! It will not disappoint, there are four bedrooms and three bathrooms inside a rustic but functional Italian style country house. It is loaded with beautiful details, a view a from every window. It is on a working olive farm with picturesque olive trees dotting the landscape. There are many ornamental plantings on the property of cacti, roses, lavender, apricot, and many more plants. The kitchen is easy to use and leads right out to the porch which is where we spent most of our time. We did make use of the outdoor grill but didn't have time for the pizza oven. It was hot while we were there so we made the most of the new infinity pool which was very luxurious! Giuseppe and his family were warm and inviting. He was ready to help or give information when requested and respectful of privacy. This is the perfect location if you are traveling with kids, we had two with us ages 4 and 7. They had a blast! Castigilion Fiorentino is a great little town to visit right down the road. There are also vineyards and other towns easily accessible from the villa with a car. A perfect Italian country get away! Highly recommended!!

Your age range 35-49
6 Jul 2017
I am glad that villa senaia has been appreciated by you, you have been welcome guests are always welcome, hopefully soon
Daydream5...
“It was more than a than a home away from home, it was paradise.”
Reviewed 10 December 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Where does one begin to describe such a wonderful experience? A dream come true! The Villa Sanaia is a beautiful, spacious, rustic structure thoughtfully decorated. Day or night, this cozy abode, situated on a hilltop, provides visitors with gorgeous views of Castiglion Fiorentino and the valley. The location of this property is terrific. One can get to the many medieval towns from this location. If you’re ambitious, Florence is a pleasant 90-minute drive by car. If you need groceries, the local market is a few miles down the road. The inside décor of the villa is charming, nothing is left undone. Our host, Giuseppe greeted us on his property with warmth and kindness. In the kitchen, we were received with an assortment of fruits, cheeses, sausages, and local wine. This property is a working olive farm. Giuseppe, who owns and works the farm, is one of the hardest working men I have seen. Yet, in spite of his daily endeavors that he happily attends to, he took the time to check on us periodically to ensure our stay was satisfactory. This man is warm, gracious, kind, friendly, and understanding. Furthermore, he is a wealth of information concerning some of the best locations to visit in the area. He made us feel like family. We want to return to Villa Sanaia for its location, charm, warmth, and hospitality. What more can a traveler ask for? It was more than a home away from home, it was paradise.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Our host. He made our experience on the property wonderful.
Liked least: We hated that we had to leave.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Dec 2016
A very nice review I was speechless,
find people like you close to home is no longer a job but becomes happiness
A hug to Giuseppe soon
Mary S
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fantastico!!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Back in 2015, I promised myself a return to Italy if I landed a plum job I was going after. The week I negotiated my contract I started searching for the perfect villa to serve as home base in Tuscany with my long time girlfriends. My friend and I found Villa Senaia on our first dive into available properties - It was just what we were looking for: a room for each of us, swimming pool, big kitchen, sweeping views. I was nervous we found it too fast! Giuseppe was and continued to be charming and quick to respond, all before we set foot in Italy. Because we four were flying in from different points on the globe we arrived separately. Navigating from Rome or Florence can be a little tricky for novices. I mixed up the name of the station, Castiglion Fiorentino with a similar sounding town. Following my (incorrect) advice, our friends became all turned around and arrived very late. Meanwhile, Giuseppe had secured a local car rental and liaison at the train station. Let me say unequivocally, you need a car and you need to be pretty facile with a standard shift. To enjoy sweeping views one must drive up winding gravel hills. Be prepared. Giuseppe had the villa beautifully prepared within, foodstuff for snacks and fruit for breakfast.

The Villa is rustic looking with lots of re-purposed materials (a must in Italy) but deeply comfortable and designed for groups. The kitchen features an enormous trestle table where we had a magnificently talented cook come and demo pasta making and ultimately a four course traditional Tuscan meal, one of the most incredible I've ever had! The beds are perfectly comfortable, plenty of bathrooms, balconies, a terrace, and windows showcasing the Tuscan hills all around. We spent days driving to Assisi, Florence, and Siena, as well as a couple days poolside, playing music, dancing, and preparing meals. Giuseppe and his beautiful young family are next door, ready to assist, answer questions, and one day, even fire up the pizza oven!

Our week at Villa Senaia was perfectly magical. I wouldn't change a thing, and definitely hope to return. I cannot recommend this property with more enthusiasm! Thank you dear Giuseppe for being the perfect host and now, a new friend!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, the welcome from Giuseppe and his family, cooking lesson
Liked least: There are dogs barking and roosters crowing constantly. I stopped hearing them after a while...
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Nov 2016
to you for everything, I can confirm that we are friends,
you're kind and aducate, everything for me it was easy,
I expect to find you still
Cameezle
“Tourist”
Reviewed 27 November 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Giuseppe was the most gracious host and we were in paradise overlooking the beautiful hills of Tuscany with Castlione Fiorentina nestled in the nearby hillside. I loved having a walk out terrace from my room and the pool was wonderful. I only wish we had spent more time just being at the Villa because being there was an experience in itself. I walked to Mass down the road on Sunday and took the most beautiful photographs of my whole trip to Italia on the grounds of Villa Sienna. I will return someday.

Rachel D
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful views and location”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Had a great week here in this well equipped villa which was clean and well located. The local town is about 5 minutes away with a good choice of small bars and restaurants. The views from the villa are amazing and the pool is great. We were well looked after by the owner who lives next door but is not intrusive.

A word to the wise though, don't be tempted to use the air conditioning. It is extraordinarily expensive. We used it for a total of about 7 hours and it cost 35 euros. Luckily we found some fans on day three so discontinued using the AC otherwise we could have ended with a huge bill. It would be nice to have this included in the villa rental, which was quite expensive. It wasn't possible to leave the windows open at night either because the locals all seem to have dogs which live outside and bark throughout the night. We couldn't hear them with the windows closed but unfortunately this made the rooms warm.

Liked best: Swimming pool
Liked least: Living room furniture, a little tatty. Air conditioning
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
13 Sep 2016
Hello Rachel,
are happy for your stay in senaia villa, I really enjoyed,
I hope we'll meet again and use your advice for our growth,
Giuseppe
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing