Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Bahia Pez Vela Resort(Playas del Coco)
US$329
Hotel Villa Casa Blanca(Playa Ocotal)(Great Value!)
US$98
Marina Loft Apart-Hotel(Playas del Coco)
US$180
Hotel Coco Palms(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$119
Casa Chameleon Hotel at Las Catalinas(Las Catalinas)(Great Value!)
US$697
US$237
Hotel Coco Beach & Casino(Playas del Coco)
US$132
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savannah(Playas del Coco)
US$62
Sugar Beach Hotel(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Puerta del Sol(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
7,049 results
All reviewscosta ricariu guanacastezip liningsports barmonkey barhorseback ridingpura vidasteakitalian restaurantspecialty restaurantshot springshowler monkeysmake reservationsocean viewrainy seasonblack sandsushi
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off, this is classified as a 5 Star Hotel -- I don't think so! Try 3 Star at best. Rooms are very dated, bad showers, poor quality food. Many of the rooms fans and AC wasn't working and it was an extremely HOT week...35-39 deg. C If you are vegan...FORGET IT! Service by the pools is lacking. And when we asked for a late checkout, since our flt was at 6:50 pm, just 2 extra hours, Management said it was $10/day/person fee. In all my years of travelling (30+), I have NEVER heard of such a cash grab!! They said the hotel was full which was a complete lie, since they would have taken my money if I accepted. It wasn't until a Sunwing Rep told me about the luggage room and the courtesy showers I could use until the bus departure. Still not very convenient having to unpack clothes in the lobby and toiletries, etc. Will definitely not return.

Room Tip: complain as loud as you can
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Matt D
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are committed to providing excellent quality of products and services to our guests. It is disappointing to learn that you left our hotel thinking otherwise. We appreciate our guests’ comments since they help us improve our services, and for this reason, we will share your impressions with the relevant department in line with the main goal to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and to demonstrate the high standards of guest service and quality that are typical at our resorts.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

To Management,

I voices some concerns in regards to your resort to my travel agent. Please see below statement.

After speaking with others in our travelngroup, I was informed that anyone who has a family suite dis not require paying $39.00 for more than two individuals to use internet without it being interrupted. I spoke with management at check out and he refused to reimburse room 4057 $39.00 even after confirming with the others who had a family suite they did not have to pay extra.

In regards to the toilets, we had to call the service desk on a daily basis due to them leaking water and constantly stopping up.

I believe that there should some changes in regards to being better at accommodating your guess by having working toilets, free internet services without any limitations as to how many people can connect at one time as much money being paid to you guys.

It was a disappointment that on the last night, Sunday that all resturants refused to seat our group because they were soon closing; no excuse for that. The pool area should definitely stay open pass 6:00 PM.

When I go on vacation, I would like to feel as if I am at home. It is sad that you all do not provide napkins/paper towels in the bathroom areas to be used after washing hands. When I ask housekeeping to provide, they response was you do not provide paper towels we have to use towels. Do you all not understand how many towels are needed after each hand wash? You definitely cannot reuse the same towel due to germs and so on. I end up purchasing paper towels on my on while out on excursions the second day.

Please do better at guest accommodations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank tricednel
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests and for this reason we are very sorry to learn that you have left our hotel thinking otherwise.

We have not been able to track your case with the information provided. If you would like to raise a formal complaint please contact, please sent mail in case of direct booking to our Customer Service Department via crm@riu.com or to your travel agency in case of third party booking.

We sincerely hope that we will one day be able to welcome you back to our hotel and have a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our hotels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second stay at RIU Guanacaste. I love this hotel, pool is huge and beautiful. Food is good or what is expected at All Inclusive. Rooms always clean. We loved Julia in the bar Philadelphia what a Gem.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mizztravel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Riu for 10 days after doing the 4 day clouds forest tour booked through Tui. This hotel is excellent, nice grounds, good selection of very tasty food. Hotel staff are excellent, a special thank you to Karla Ruiz in the main restaurant.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

things we liked about the resort. The pool was awesome!!! the bartenders were great and worked hard with the amount of people at the pool bar. The food wasnt the best but the lunch buffet always had great selection. We ate at all the restaurants and they were just ok...never left feeling blown away.
things we didn't like..first thing is first...we went with a group of 50 for a wedding...literally 1/4 of our group ended up with BED BUGS, enough said! we had a night departure and had to be checked out by 12 noon (which is normal). So we packed up left at 11;30am and headed down for a bite and a coffee. We hit the front desk and waited for 30 mins which put us 12:15 (15 mins over checkout). They charged us 20$ for a late checkout. The worst part is our first morning we had a work skype call and we needed wifi. My wife went to the front desk and bought it. We didn't know that it was part of the package we bought with wedding group we came with. So when we were checking out the charged us 90$ for the wifi and we told them that it was part of our package so we shouldn't have to pay this...their response was "you shoulda been at the welcome meeting when they told you it was included" so we had to pay or they wouldn't let us on the bus to the airport. Also our $300 ocean view upgrade was on the second floor over the fountain....

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to ocean view because they don't have any good ocean view rooms. waste of money
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank c0linr0ss

Dear guest,

We kindly invite you to raise a formal complaint through our Customer Service department via crm@riu.com.