The cottage (Casa Escola, Damil, Begonte) was near enough to Lugo, where we wanted to visit. We were there the weekend of Arde Lucus, which was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed seeing storks in the fields nearby. There was a farm next door and the location was very quiet. The unit is enclosed with a gate and would allow children to play out safely if the grass was cut.
There are no shops in Damil so you need to take in enough to start. There is a supermarket in Rabade, about 3.5km south. The cottage is very basic.
The instructions were not useful, particularly if you have not driven in Spain before. To get to the property:
- Take the LU-541 between Vilalba and Rabade. Kilometres are numbered on posts.
- From Rabade (south): After post 3km, leave Saaverde and enter DAMIL. There is a right turn signposted (and arrow on road) opposite restaurant Casa Verala.
- From Vilalba (north): About 700m after post 4km, there is a left turn opposite restaurant Casa Verala (in DAMIL).
- Follow the road past a large green house on left, round a bend to the right and continue to a small wooded area on the left, opposite a white house. Cottage is on right, next to the white house and opposite the school, with a wooden gate wide enough for car access.
The people (Oliva and Francisco) were very pleasant but there was no English speaker involved (contrary to the description) and the contract and instructions were only in Spanish. I have offered to supply a (non-professional) translation into English.
There were a couple of bad things:
- a bag with two metal shakers that were extremely mouldy (we chucked them out!)
- the grass had not been cut and was waist high.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|