All reviews mobile home tennis courts on site pool complex bouncy castle eurocamp reps beach bar pizza euro camp great holiday souvenir shop table tennis train line great facilities fantastic site lovely campsite big site
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Firstly the Eurocamp guys were excellent and could not have been any more helpful. The campsite its self was only ok, Staff have little or no english, entertainment at night is very limited. Supermarket is reasonably priced. Some of the shower blocks were locked up and very untidy looking, others were opened and clean but not immaculate and others near the bungalows were amazing (total luxury). No sun loungers and you can not use your own shade - parasols etc. On our first day here we arrived to find the supermarket closed at one on a sunday so went to the local restaurant. We ordered Pizza and when it arrived it was in a take away carton. we asked a waiter could we eat it in the restaurant he agreed but was none too happy, five minutes later a lady came from behind the bar and ROARED at us in spanish, we tried to explain but she continued to shout and wave her fingers, we were so embarrassed we had to leave. There is an offsite restaurant called Friends and it is FAB. The local towns dont really have much on offer and without a car there is little or nothing to do. My 6 yr old son loved it and loved to cycle up and down the streets but for adults it is a disappointment.

Room Tip: We stayed in Oslo street - central to everything. Quite at night
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ecnc22
Xavier P, Director de Recepción at Playa Montroig Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Hi ecnc22! Thanks for visiting us and sharing your opinion. We are sorry that the camping didn't fulfil your expectations. According to our restaurant policy, ther are some actions not allowed. We greatly fear that all was a communication problem, please, accept our apologies. Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We stayed here in 2015 with 3 boys aged 11, 12 and 14 years. The two complaints I would have is that there is no soccer pitch on the site itself. You have to go through an underground tunnel under the main road to get to the opposite side to get to the soccer pitch. This is unsafe and too far for children. There are lots of table tennis and tennis courts onsite but no soccer pitch onsite. One of tennis courts could easily be turned into a soccer pitch. I think soccer is an international language and in lots of other campsites we have been to it has been the main attraction where children interact and get to know each other, you do not have this option on this campsite.
The children got over this because they had each other so no harm and they met friends at the pool but the soccer pitch is someplace we had to go with them at all times which isn't relaxing and isn't ideal. A holiday is someplace where they can all safely access all facilities.
The bar on the beach closes around 10.30pm, my husband and I were the last to leave the bar , the girls were stacking the chairs, I left my husbands wallet on the table. There were no other customers in the bar and we were walking very slowly from the bar but no one came after us. I suppose i wouldn't either if i found a wallet on the table with €500 inside it. We realised when we got back to our mobile but there was no point in going back because ours was the only table to be cleaned and stacked so it was definitely closed. There were 4 girls in the bar. The following morning at around 10.30am a moped arrived outside our mobile with the manager of the site delivering my husbands wallet. We couldn't believe it. We thanked him and looked in the wallet and there was only €50 left in the wallet. We didn't know at that time that he was the manager of the site until I went up to reception to report the theft. When I did this and asked to speak to the manager it was the "moped man" I met. So the handlers of the wallet were the 4 girls in the bar who said they gave it to security, which were 2 lads and they said they gave it to reception which consisted of about 6 people, and then there was the manager himself, so the wallet passed through the hands of approx 13 staff. Needless to say I got no satisfaction. I did go to the police and filed a report but nothing came of it so all I would say is that the staff are not at all honest and I would not trust them in any way.
So if you can accept the above I would say go for it:-). If we go back there again we will be extra careful and not be a fool to leave my husbands wallet on the table:-).
We also couldn't get wifi even though we were staying in a zoned area. I did complain about this and there was no problem getting my money back.
The family staying in the mobile behind us, their double room was back to back with our double room and the guy in the mobile snored allllllllll night long. It was a disaster.......but we were just unlucky with the person on the other side of the wall:-(((((((((((.
Despite all this we had a great two weeks and the lads really enjoyed it:-)))))))))))
The option of restaurants and bars was brillant, the "ribs" restaurant on the beach was fab and a great hit:-). The mobiles themselves were fab, the location was fab, the price of everything was fab, the guy in the bike shop was great, we hired 4 bikes for the 2 weeks.
We were just unfortunate.

Room Tip: stay in a zoned area, and make sure that your mobile has a full veranda awning not an umbrella.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Hello last15!

First of all, please, accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniece suffered during your stay. The best practice in similar situations is to ask directly to the staff and to be careful with your belongings even in a safe camping as Playa Montroig. Although all this totally unfortunate situation, it's nice to know that you and your kids enjoyed the camping. We also take into consideration your observation about the football pitch. Thanks for choosing Playa Montroig and the time taken to write this review. Kind regards!

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from Playa Montroig with Eurocamp and it was a great holiday. Two small children with a very low attention span had lots to do and slept really well in their, albeit small, bedrooms. We stayed in an Avent home with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The pictures make it look bigger but it was sufficient for a weeks stay. Our bed had about a foot round the outside to move around so if you are of the larger persuasion then you should splash out on more luxurious models. The other rooms housed bunk beds and then a single bed where the cot was. The number of beds actually appeared to be 8 as the sofa made a bed too but I cannot imagine that size space for 8 people!!
The restaurant onsite was good and didn't cost too much and they did takeaway for the nights the kids went to bed early. Supermarket was excellent. We drive to the local big supermarket but I wouldn't bother again as prices were the same and the selection is fine.
Valentina who ran kids club is amazing and seemed to be the hardest working person onsite delivering all the activities on offer.
As we went at the very beginning of the season the beach bar was closed but the actual beach was beautiful and empty. We went three times and at most we could see four other families.
I would definitely go again but I did get house envy for the bungalows onsite and the new Aspect homes that Eurocamp offer. I would pay a little more next time.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Goldiloz
Xavier P, Director de Recepción at Playa Montroig Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Hi Goldiloz! First of all, thanks for taking your time sharing your feedback of your stay! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our camping. It is such a pleasure to know that our services are good valued. Regarding the size of the room, we are sorry that it could not fulfil entirely your expectations. We are looking forward your next visit and we hope you could enjoy our beach bar if you stay during the summer. Kind regards

Reviewed 14 April 2016

We were new to the "Camping Resort" scene and were pretty impressed. The on-site amenities were excellent, but even better the grocery store was great and well priced. Valentina, the children's center director, was FANTASTIC with all the kids. Prime Tip: they only allow 4 hour internet usage per day, so be aware of that. The 4 hrs don't have to be consecutive though and I think you can likely pay for more, but we didn't investigate.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Hi KortnyHall! Thank you for your time sharing your impressions in Tripadvisor. It is nice to know that you were impressed by the “Camping Resort” scene. Your valuations about amenities, the grocery store and children entertainment are much appreciated. In regard of the Internet service, we will take your comments into account. Thanks again for choosing us. We hope to receive you again in our camping. Kind regards

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Ok so it's early in the year and the weather was hit and miss! Having said that we enjoyed our break!

We are 2 adults and 2 kids stayed in a palm tree bungalow which was fine! Quite dark inside and could do with an oven or bbq to use! Bed linen and towels changed once a week.

The entertainment was brilliant from fri-sun with mini disco in the evenings, bouncy castle, kids activities, Zumba etc as soon as Monday comes along and the weekenders leave = nothing on at all! Valentina and Coozy are there only two people who provide entertainment bless them they work so hard!

The gym is adequate used it a few times mid week once all the classes stopped!

The shop is great and panaria is lovely! Not badly priced either!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Hi Libby R! First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about us. It is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay during the Easter break. Your observations about our cleaning and value for the money are really appreciated. We take into account your impressions about the entertainment programme and glad to hear that our entertainment team made your children have fun though. Thanks again and we hope that you could visit us again very soon! Kind regards