34 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$517
PricelineUS$573
CheapTicketsUS$876
1,725 results
All reviews island villa escape water villa private pool our honeymoon latitude bar fish half board day bed indian ocean double bath sunset cruise in villa dining marine biologist buffet restaurant main restaurant breakfast and dinner spa treatments
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

Truly paradise. Everything about this resort was luxurious and so so pretty.
Stayed for 4 nights, 2 in island villa which was huge and amazing
Amazing hospitality. Our host - Sujata was extremely helpful with everything and very accommodating to our requests. She also upgraded us for the last 2 nights from escape villa to 601 - Coco Residence villa. What an amazing water suite it was.

The food was good enough, We had all inclusive. At the restaurant, The live counter woman from Nepal was extremely good at everything from Garlic Naans to Pastas.
Jameel from Bangladesh helped us wander around the property and was very helpful and courteous.

Only let down was the waiter in Air restaurant, I think his name was Amjad but not sure, He was very rude to us, for no reason on all 4 days, From other reviews I learn that probably a bit of racism was evident wherein Indians were treated badly but Europeans were favored. I felt it as well but only with this guy, Rest everyone were very happy to serve us. This was the only bad experience we had, rest all was fantastic.

Spa was amazing, definitely recommend everyone to try it. Sunset cruise also recommended.

All in all a wonderful value for money maldivian experience. Highly recommend booking through a travel agent for the best all inclusive deals.

Date of stay: March 2021
Maumoon Musthafa, Other at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 957raghavk,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this amazing review.

We are delighted indeed to learn that you had a wonderful value for money Maldivian experience with us. I have expressed my sincere gratitude to Sujata, Paramela and Jaleel for their remarkable service. Also I have shared your helpful feedback and kind words to our team. We highly value our guest feedback.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

Spent a lot of time looking up reviews or details on CBH and didnt find too many.... so decided that i will write this whenever i got back....2 weeks later, i decided it is now or never... Putting stuff down objectively...
1) They are located at counter 24 outside the terminal at arrivals....Friendly folks and the walk to the jetty is about 2minutes. The boat ride is about 40mins and it truly is a pleasure...There are a few fast food outlets at the airport, a pharmacy, a post shop. One can buy water at the pharmacy but it costs $1 per 0.5litre bottle.....
2) Though in our case, it took time, check-in once you arrive at the island is truly a cinch and they give you a total brief of what is possible and broad costs if any....As one walks down the walkway...you would notice a swirling mass of black in the water which is essentially a shoal of small fish that pretty much lived around there for the 4 days we were around...
3) We got upgraded (thank you!) to the Coco Residences....Their over water villas located at the north end of the island and were allotted Room 611 (facing west...allowing one some beautiful sunset moments).... the off numbered villas face west while the even numbered ones face east....
4) We did the half board..... Breakfast + Dinner....
Breakfast had it all : breads, cereals, yogurts, salads, sausages & bacon, salami slices, cheese, fruits, some asian styled curries (chicken/beef), eggs, juices, a good selection of bakery products and yeah an Indian section with stuff like Upma...
Dinner included : Indian section, breads, pancakes/crepes, asian styled curries and a short-bite section that was seafood one day and meat focussed on another.....There was also a live section that one night featured Maldivian cuisine, seafood grill on another and we were also treated to pasta/noodles on the third....desserts included cakes, pastries, ice-creams....
Cocktails cost about $16, coke about $5 and beer $8 ... Remember, the service charge is about 10% and with tax comes to about 23% more on everything.......
Air is the restaurant where all the buffet meals are served and it's a lil difficult to snag a table outside if one coms in around 8:30pm....get there by 715-7:30pm if you want those or just ask the staff manning the tables very very very politely....to signal when earlier guests are done
4) We were 3 of us and CBH provided us with 3bottles (1.5litres) of water each and topped it in the evening with 3 more bottles (0.5litres). These were more than enough for us despite all the snorkelling, beach runs and humidity. You can maybe carry a bottle to the restaurants too and save some $s too
5) The best snorkelling around the island are near the water-sports centre (the now shut restaurant - Aqua) and near the South facing start of the path to the Water Villas + Escape Water Villas. We also did $299 trip to (10mins away) a nearby reef and it's the closest I have been to the blue abyss.... Sharks (a few of em), 2 turtles and a variety of fish and living coral. One wears a lifejacket and it is easy as anything.... We brought full-face masks (about $30 each in Mumbai) and that allows one to breathe naturally without thinking too much about mouth or nose - Invest in them..... CBH provides flippers, snorkels and masks if you dont have them at no cost.....
6) The restaurants shut by 10pm and thus one will have to retire back to your rooms.... We spent the nights in the pool (its such a pleasure) and watching the stars in the sky.... There were hardly any waves considering that we were a bit away from the actual shoreline and the silence is to kill for.... May be look up dates when there is "No Moon" and enjoy the black sky contrasted by the starry blanket over it
7) The hotel follows a timezone that is 1hour ahead of Male... I never quite understood how it helped....For a 2pm flight, we were out of the hotel by 12pm (Island time) which turns out to be 11am (Male) and thus gets you to the airport about 2hrs15mins before the flight....
8) There are a few fast food outlets at the airport, a pharmacy, a post shop. One can buy water at the pharmacy but it costs $1 per 0.5litre bottle.....
9) The Island villas on the West facing side, have some visible erosion of the beachline.....Those on the east side have long stretches of white sanded beach....
All in all a wonderful stay and loved the hotel..... Liton, a chef at the live station is very friendly and trust him to make you what you want...with a smile and a wave
Cheers

4  Thank tanyasdrive
Maumoon Musthafa, Other at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear tanyasdrive,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this lovey in depth review.

We are delighted indeed to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and felt the warmth of our associates. I have expressed my sincere gratitude to Liton for his remarkable service. Also I have shared your feedback and kind words to our team. We highly value our guest feedback.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

The stay at Coco Budhu Hithi was a lifetime memorable experience, in every good way possible. Everything was just so perfect. I must say the Maldives is such a Paradise and the stay at the resort made it magical.
Right from the transfers, it was effortless and the check-in process was smooth.
Our luggage was tagged and taken care of right from the airport and we did not have to worry about anything.
We stayed in the water villas with a private pool, and it offered us incredible views of the vast Indian ocean and marine life just beneath our foot. You can imagine having your bedroom on the ocean.
When u wake up in the morning u will get amazed by the ocean view around you. We had been given complimentary gear for snorkeling which we could just do any time of the day to explore marine life. I mean it we could see the cast of Finding Nemo there. Turtles, Dory, Nemo, shoals of other bright colored fishes, etc. There was also a floating breakfast arranged for us in our villa on our private infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful.

Being pure vegetarians, we did not face any issues with the food. There were still plenty of options daily to choose from and the chefs have mastered the Indian tastes pretty well. There is also Jain food available.

The entire staff was so warm, friendly and treated us like their family. A special mention to the chef from Nepal - Paramela who served us the best white pasta that we endeavored. We are vegetarians and the staff made sure to include good pure veg dishes in every meal. A special mention to Goutham, who was so warm and felt like he was just looking after his guests at home. He was our luxury guide to go to during our stay and was very helpful.
He also made available to us our covid reports on time and arranged a complimentary romantic honeymoon dinner at the stars restaurant - which felt heavenly again.
Jalil spoke Hindi really well and made us feel local. He gave some really good tips as well. He also did our photography session and captured some really beautiful moments for us and was very open to suggestions. This is a must-do activity.

The resort has a nice little clinic with a really good doctor. He also conducted our RT PCR tests and the reports were also delivered promptly.

The entire hospitality was again - really really warm who understand the meaning of service in the hospitality industry and are doing above and beyond their duty to make sure the guests have a great time. The resort, staff, and the entire vacation was again a magical and heavenly experience and highly recommended.

2  Thank 818pratikm

Dear 818pratikm,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this spectacular review.

We are delighted indeed to learn that your stay with us was a lifetime memorable experience and felt the warmth of our associates. I have expressed my sincere gratitude to Paramela, Gowtham and Jalil for their remarkable service. Also I have shared your feedback and kind words to our team. We highly value our guest feedback.

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

We had an amazing amazing stay at Coco Bodu Hithi everything I mean it everything was just so perfect. Especially their Staff Zee was so warm and helpful and was there for anything and everything right from guiding to helping with arranging early morning transfers I am so impressed with this amazing property the Water villa was just worth it. It was just so beautiful and refreshing I would recommend this property to everyone. Bala(Bartender) was the best he was there during our buffet dinner and was also there at the bar was asking us and really cared about our comfort this overall made our stay really nice.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Abhiyeh

Dear Abhiyeh,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this spectacular review and endorsing Coco Bodu Hithi.

We are delighted indeed to learn that you had an amazing stay with us and felt the warmth of our associates. I have expressed my sincere gratitude to Zee and Bala for their remarkable service. Also I have shared your feedback and kind words to our team. We highly value our guest feedback.

Reviewed 1 March 2021

I went there to celebrate my anniversary for 5 nights.
I choose 4 nights at garden Escape villa & 1 night at water villa.
Garden villa has private pool & private beach. Each villa is independent and is not connected to other villa.
Perfect for couples to enjoy and relax, there will not be any disturbance.
Private pool has private bed under the shadows of tree. It’s so beautiful;
Villa has bath Tub inside ur room, which unique and gives a beauty to villa.
Water villa view is very awesome. You can imagine having your bed room on a sea.
When u wake up in morning u will get amazed with sea view around you.
The only issue in water villa is the sea wave’s noise in night, so u will not be able to sleep properly.
For one night its ok because you will get a amazing view, but not more than that.
Resort has amazing buffet at beach side. Their Breakfast, lunch & Dinner all were awesome.
Either you are vegetarian or Non vegetarian they have good variety of food for both.
Chef Mr. Gyan & Niton took care of us very nicely. I remembered my wife asked for fruit flambe on a particular, they prepared for her, even though it was not there on that particular day buffet.
If u r going for ur Anniversary /Honeymmon , just inform them one day in advance, they will decorate ur bed .
When I entered in my room in evening at my anniversary, I was surprised to see champagne & cake for us .
I am really thankful for resort staff team for this special gift and special decoration to make our day memorable.

2  Thank nagpalsunil80

Dear nagpalsunil80,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this lovely review.

We are delighted indeed to learn that you had a memorable stay with us and felt the warmth of our associates. I have expressed my sincere gratitude to Gawtham, Amjad, Zaha and Hassan for their remarkable service. Also I have shared your feedback and kind words to our team. We highly value our guest feedback.