“Perfect Stay!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Emmanuel...
“Perfect Stay!”
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Our stay at the Old Salt Box Co was absolutely wonderful! These quaint salt box homes have been restored with immaculate attention to detail and provide anyone renting these a wonderful pied-a-terre for a vacation, be it a quick weekend getaway or a week long stay.

The reservation process was fantastic. Communication was excellent and even when the weather got in the way of our original plans, we were contacted early and offered various alternate options.

Upon arriving at “Aunt Christi’s” in Greenspond, we where wisped away by breathtaking view that was offered to us through the gigantic living room windows. The house was immaculately clean and offered us all the amenities needed, and beyond. Every detail had been thought of for us. When came time to prepare dinner, we did so in one of the best equipped kitchens I have encountered in a vacation rental. Everything we needed was there, and also of good quality, making cooking a breeze.

Our bed was incredibly comfortable and we slept the night away to the sounds of the waves.

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Aunt Christi’s and I would highly recommend renting any house from The Old Salt Box Co. We will be back on our next trip to Nfld.

10 May 2018
Hi Emmanuel. I just noticed that my reply to your message mustn't have gone through. I know we had send a heartfelt thank you for your very kind words. I am sorry you didn't get to visit Fogo Island and I hope sometime when you get there that you will enjoy it as much as Greenspond. Thank you again. Janet and Staff at The Old Salt Box Co.
LazydaysG...
Gander NL
“Stunning ocean view”
Reviewed 24 December 2017 for a stay in July 2015

We saw this house under renovations and went home and sent and email to book it when ready. We did a trip from Gander but took out time to chase icebergs and see all of the sights around the "Loop" and the nights at the two salt box houses were certainly highlights. Our friends from Ontario counted this as the nicest place they stayed in their 3 weeks of travels here.

24 Dec 2017
Thank you Lazyday for staying with us when we first opened this home. It has allowed many guests to enjoy the town of Greenspond since then.
cme560
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Breathtaking view”
Reviewed 17 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We were overwhelmed by the LARGE windows and the vista beyond. The vacation home had many windows and the location, at the edge of town, on the shore was peaceful and beautiful. The home is nicely restored and stylish; it is comfortably decorated. The bed was very comfortable. We relaxed completely...

20 Nov 2017
Thank you so much for your nice review of Aunt Christi's house. The large window is great if it's stormy out too so you can watch the seas. I hope you can visit one of our other homes some time too on your next visit. Safe travels. Janet
Don D
Donegal
“GREAT PROPERTY IN A GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed 14 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We spent three wonderful nights at this rental. The house is quite impressive with spacious rooms and open concept, vintage but with a modern touch and has everything you will need. The large window with the fabulous ocean view just feet from the rocks is awe inspiring. The community is an excellent example of small village Newfoundland, friendly people and great vistas. The trail system is excellent for a trip around the island, we loved it. I've never before used as many positive adjectives on a vacation rental.

16 Nov 2017
Oh thank you so much Don for your kind words. We can understand how you can enjoy the magic of Greenspond...it's a special place. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the area and you can return again soon. Janet
Cathy L
Kissimmee, Florida
“My Favourite Part Of The whole Trip”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We feel so very lucky to have found this beautiful off the beaten path spot. I did not want to leave the front living room window where I was memorized by watching the waves crash over the rocks for hours. When we where there it was unfortunate that the weather was stormy but it didn't matter because of the view and we felt like we were in a National Geographic movie. I almost hate to review this home because I want it to be available when I go back to Nfl but if you don't book early it won't be. The house was spotless and the rustic decor I am going to copy for my new cottage. Also the neighbour was very friendly and the location breathy taking. The only thing you have to keep in mind because it is an old design made new is that you have to come down the stairs to use the washroom in the night so if you have a disability that might not work for you but I never did check if the couches were pullout or not so you should always ask that if you can't do stairs. Lucky you if you get a booking at this place.

Cathy (from Alberta)

23 Sep 2017
Oh thank you so much Cathy for your lovely review. The big windows in our homes help make a nasty day bright again. It's the best way to watch a storm in Newfoundland. Thank you for letting others know about the bathroom. We now have 3 of our 10 homes that are on a single floor so hopefully can accommodate guests with mobility issues in those locations. I hope the rest of your Newfoundland experience was enjoyable. Until next time....Janet
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing