All reviews gosforth high street the blue room parking permit on arrival quiet street complimentary glass of wine small hotel lovely room boiled eggs fresh milk spacious bathroom large walk in shower chain hotels flights of stairs wonderful hotel breakfast was excellent newcastle city centre
Reviewed 8 September 2018

My wife and I stayed here for a night while visiting the Great Exhibition of the North. We were given a very enthusiastic greeting by the young man on reception when we arrived and were offered the pleasant surprise of a complimentary glass of wine which we were pleased to accept prior to going out for our evening meal. Our room was extremely comfortable with everything we needed including tea and coffee making facilities and a spacious bathroom. Our continental style breakfast was also really good with a wide range of cereals, fruit, ham, cheese, yoghurt, boiled eggs, croissants, toast, jams and fruit juice. We would not hesitate to recommend The Townhouse for your visit to the Newcastle area.

Stayed: September 2018
HotelTownhouse, Staff at The Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We hope you enjoyed your time here at the Great Exhibition of the North and are glad we were able to play our part in providing you with a relaxed and comfortable experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with friends and had a great time. Hotel is situated 5 minutes from the high street, shops, bars and restaurants. Newcastle city centre is £1.50 per person on the bus and takes 5 minutes to get there, a taxi back cost us a tenner.
The hotel is located in a beautiful, quiet street and although the parking area is limited reception will give you a parking permit so that you can park on the street, you can ask on arrival.
Our check in and out was seamless and the staff were very friendly, chatty and helpful.
Our room was clean, bathroom was a good size and the bed was very comfy, we both had a decent night's sleep.
Breakfast is continental and the choice was very good, hams and cheese, yoghurt, cereal, pastries and half a dozen different kinds of bread. Definitely something for everyone. We were welcomed into the dining room and offered tea/coffee, fresh milk and orange juice were brought to the table and refilled on request.
All in all a really lovely place to stay for the weekend, all amenities that you would expect, tea/coffee and water in the room along with a fan for the warmer weather.
Would definitely recommend and would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

We're so glad you enjoyed every part of your stay with us here in Gosforth and greatly appreciate your positive and detailed review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back if you return for another visit!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The online booking system indicated they were full so I emailed them on the offchance. After an initial “no”, they quickly sent me an email saying they’d just had a cancellation. So top marks to them for being on the ball. Emily was a charming and efficient receptionist and the room rate included a complimentary drink. I was slightly disappointed to hear they only served a continental breakfast but when I saw it - wow, the best cold breakfast ever. I’ve never seen so many types of bread, cold cuts and cheese! And it was all delicious. If I had a small suggestion it’s that they touch up the hotel signage outside- it’s looking a bit faded. But a top address and friendly people.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
HotelTownhouse, Owner at The Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad we were able to accommodate you

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed here recently for a celebration night in Newcastle. The hotel was great. We were given a very nice, friendly welcome, the room was perfect - very clean with a huge bathroom and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Continental breakfast next morning was delicious with a range of delicious fruit, cheeses and meats, as well as croissants, toast, lots of different breads, pancakes, pastries and wonderful coffee. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelTownhouse, Staff at The Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, we're so glad you were satisfied with the service you received and hope you will choose to stay with us again if you are visiting Newcastle in the future!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I asked about parking.. assured it was available.. lie..... on arrival no parking, permit only on street. informed park and all parking fines we pay for. I work HMRC so this is so not acceptable RED FLAG and a disciplinary offense. Hotel stated they do not care and will not refund money.. AVOID the hotel never book here due to arrogant staff and totally unethical management... serious misconduct here

Room Tip: terrible staff and service
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Anthony M
HotelTownhouse, Owner at The Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi Tony,

I respond to your review as follows.

You did ask about parking and it was available -we have 3 parking bays at the side of the hotel. There was one free space for you but you said it was too small for your car. I came to work the following morning and parked my 4x4 in the space easily. I do not understand why you could not park in that space. Therefore, we were not 'lying to you' as you claimed above.

You only came into the reception area so how could you score on cleanliness as 1 out of 5? Please see other scores on cleanliness left by guests who stayed at our hotel.

'Arrogant staff', again, please see our previous reviews. However, I do need to bring to the attention of the reader 'your arrogance':
You called the hotel to demand a refund. You were due to stay two nights and paid online for one of those nights. 29th and 30th of June. This was 'Plate day' in Newcastle, one of our busiest weekends of the year. All bookings required full payment and were non refundable. You actually only paid for one night so your booking slipped through.
When you called and demanded a refund (despite there having been a parking space available for you) and my manager declined, due the conditions stated above, you told her she was 'breaking rule number one'. Which according to you was interruption. I believe you repeated this nuemrous times to her. You did not accept her reasoning and asked for the owner to call you. I did so and repeated the above terms to you.

I let you talk constantly without 'interrupting' (making sure NOT to break “rule number 1”)at which point you asked if I was still on the line. My response was that I was but that I did not want to break 'rule number 1' to which you responded with a sarcastic 'woooh!'.

I leave it to the reader to decide who is 'arrogant and unethical'.

I also see that out of five of your reviews, only one is good. This is for a Travelodge. May I suggest you stick to Travelodge instead of Boutique Hotels.

Regards,