“Awesome once again!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I have eaten at Olmo several times over the years but this is the first time I have reviewed it. Why? Because once again, when I ate here last night, it was an outstanding dining experience. Fine gastro-science plates is not the game here. Fantastic local produce - such as the tanglier misto with no less than 6 types of local meat and salami, as well as the Valtalinese speciality of sciat (local cheese, battered and fried) was a big serve and all delicious. We were even provided with a little sample of the in-house-cured Bresaola (dried beef fillet typical of the region) which was treated with blueberries - the owner has another business growing blueberries in the area and they feature throughout the menu.

For me the star of the night was the Pasta Malfato (English translation - badly made pasta). This has to have been one of the best plates of pasta I have eaten in Italy. Rare alpine Bitto cheese and smokey, spiced speck are the simple adjuncts to a wonderful homemade pasta. Friendly service, good local wine by the DiRupi boys, and a little nip of Braulio to finish - what's not to like?

All of our group agreed that it was a fantastic dining experience. We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I went for dinner on my own. I was made to feel welcome and inconspicuous. The service was great and the food superb. The blueberry ravioli was amazing- I want the recipe!
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Best meal we had in Sondrio. Local ingredients including excellent beef from the Valtellina. And using blueberries - their cultivation being the proprietor's other business - when in season, including an unusual and very good blueberry-based craft beer.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Three nights in a row we were guests at Olmo. The restaurant has friendly staff, explaining the local food and wines and beers. A place one should go to when looking for a good restaurant in Sondrio!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Very nice location. Fast and good service with a smile. The daily menu is delicious, the house wine either. Worth to go back once in the neighbourhood.

Date of visit: September 2017