“Fabulous Chinese Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We were taken by local friends and loved it. Chinese food, if not cooked well, tends to be greasy. Moon In Moon food is delicious and not oily. Even the Crispy Aromatic Duck was not oily - there was more duck meat than duck skin which is unusual in Chinese restaurants.

The duck in orange sauce was delightful - the sauce was perfect, and did not taste like a manufactured over-sweet sauce. Another great example to the quality of the food.

The eat as you like menu is vast, and enables sharing loads of dishes together. It was under £20 per person, so great price too, especially as the quality of the food is high.

The staff are mixed: some are friendly, some are grumpy - but it is super fast service regardless and we had no issues with the service at all.

Parking on the road was tricky but there is a parking lot a 5 minutes' away, free. Price is acceptable, for 4 adults, including drinks and starters (no puddings) we paid slightly over £100.

Highly recommended, great Chinese food.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

As always good service, food and wine. My friend and I always enjoy having dinner together here as the service is relaxed and you can work your way through courses in a leisurely fashion. It's a shame dessert is priced extra to all inclusive.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the 4 and a half stars. not the best all you can eat around. a lot of our food came out on the cold side. the squid was to chewy to eat. all the staff were super rude, Apart from one lady who wore a smile and was interacting with all the tables around. got to the moon in moon around 6pm and was out by 6.45. you are heavily rush and food comes around 2mins after you have ordered it and cold. this makes me question the freshness of there food or the quality of the microwave. when leaving the lady asked if everything was ok, whilst she was taking my payment. I said yes as long as you are in a rush. she just ignored me. I will 100% never go here again!

1  Thank bejg
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Looking around Sunbury on Thames and came across this Chinese Restaurant. Although we had not booked, a tabke for 4 was found for us.

Food was very nicely cooked (apart from the squid(?) in batter which we don't think we ordered! The starters were lovely and the duck was fantastic, very crispy.

My only complaint was that I was a little disappointed at paying £16.80 for a 12 year old boy who eats very little. Full price for over 10 years olds. Family bill with a drink each came to £74.

Nice food, friendly staff but very pricey even for an all you can eat.

Per Ardua 96

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Great all you can eat buffet - food is cooked fresh and brought to your table (not one where the food has been lying around for hours). The staff are friendly too. I will be visiting again soon I am sure!