“Wonderful stay , beautiful and peaceful location...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ANAFB2018
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay , beautiful and peaceful location, perfect hosts !”
Reviewed 7 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This was my third visit to the Bisht - each time gets better, as I get to know more of the beautiful area and the lovely, generous hosts Diwan and Muni . They are sensitive to the needs of guests ... those who wanted quietness as I did , or more lively , interesting chat . I did mostly self catering in my good sized, simple , clean and comfortable room . Provisions are easy to get locally , and frequently I had a relaxed dinner in the evenings with Diwan and Muni. The healthy , freshly prepared meals were totally delicious , using mostly organic produce from their garden .
The location is peaceful , with woodland walks, Himalayan views , good friendly local shops 5/10 mins walk away .
There are inexpensive private or shared taxis to take you to the very busy Almora City, or for local or further afield nature exploration and sight seeing . Amongst others , the Kasaar Devi and Shiva Temple are about 3 kms away - places of devotion , full of history and with stunning panoramic views of the Himalayas .

I can heartily recommend the Bisht , where you will be so well looked after by the genuine , big hearted Diwan and Muni !

9 Feb 2018
Dear Ann,
Thank you so much for wonderful review. We feel really proud, that we were able to make your stay interesting. Hope you will come again and again in the future.
Down.
FNQAUS
“Ms”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

If you are looking for peace and tranquility Diwan and his wife Muni provide this in great measure. It is somewhat out of the way and this was perfect for us. There are public and private taxis easily available if you need. Our lovely room looked out over the mystical mountains and absolute silence allowed us to sink into a coocooned himalayan experience. Many walks surround the guest house and the views were breathtaking. Nearby are some convience shops and a small organic store. In this store one can sit and you are likely to meet wonderful characters form india and other countries.
The most treasured part of our trip were the owners Diwan and Muni. They are warm kind, genuine people who fall over backwards to be helpful. Soon the cultural differences fade and they are just friends to share with. They have a loveable dog shadow , a big cuddly St Bernard and a cheeky little cat Rani. Muni despite working in an outside job comes home and makes simple love filled meals. Diwan will take you walking if he can.
The room is simple and clean. Dont expect luxury but expect the warmest welcome ever. There is hot water and one only needs to ask and your needs will be met if at all possible. We fell in love with the place and the people. It was sad to leave but we will hold our experience and Diwan and Muni in our hearts.

1 Feb 2018
Thank you so much Denise.
Hope to see you again and again in the future.
Regards.
PrateekT7...
“Great Hospitality by Mr & Mrs Bisht”
Reviewed 5 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This stay was home away from home. Mr & Mrs. Bisht did everything to make our stay awesome. The location needless to say was fantabulous. It was away from the regular city crowd. The Silent Mountains with just the Natures Singing kept us all the fresh for entire 3 Days.
Home Cooked food was again great. I would certainly recommend property to everyone.
Just one drawback was the Parking, so if you are driving by yourself and aren't Mountain driver, you might face some issues in parking your vehicle.

6 Oct 2017
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It means you really enjoyed your holidays at my guest house.
Diwan Bisht.
Abhishek...
“Nightmare staying there , avoid it”
Reviewed 29 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed there for one night but it was a nightmare for us....first of all it is far away from main road....no lights on temporary roads leading to guest house very dangerous if a vehicle is taken inside.
No power back up is there in guest house one need to dependent on battery lamps
No restaurant facility , neglible staff is there only one person is there you need to carry your luggage yourself...in all I can say very frustrating so please avoid it.
I can say I have the worst experience if I look back last 15 years of my hotel stays in Country.
Lot of work required by hotel management to make it a avg. Hotel.

31 May 2017
Every guest has his own choice some like isolated places while some does not like. my property is 200 mtrs , away from the main road and connected with a rough road. Nature lover always loves this place. It has amazing views including Sun rise.
ankur_bis...
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Great Place, competitive rates, excellent view and location”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Stayed at Bisht Guest House for 3 days and interacted with Mr. Diwan Singh and his wife (Munni). It is located approximately 3 to 5 Kms away from Almora city, away from the crowd and right next to Eco Park, given this location it is easy to also travel to nearby places like Jageshwar (35 Kms) and Binsar Zero point (25 Kms). This is a peaceful place with a great view (especially for sunrise lovers) and you are also treated with great home cooked simple pahadi local food freshly cooked by Munni. The rates are competitive and overall loved the experience with my Family.

Your age range 25-34
11 Mar 2017
Dear Sir(guest).
Thank you so much for your wonderful review in favor of my guest house. We are so happy, as you know the important of a review. I think your review will help the Indian travelers to know about the Bisht guest house. Sir you deserve a round of applause.
Diwan Bisht.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing