All reviews on stilts game drives organic garden stilt houses pugdundee safaris pre dinner filtered water naturalist driver communal table great naturalist stainless steel the cottages the general manager sloth bear great sightings meal times comfortable rooms
Reviewed 22 June 2018

My son, friend and I were lucky enough to be part of a photo tour by Indian Photo Tours to Bandhavgarth. We stayed in King's Lodge.

What a great experience. The Manager and his staff were fantastic. They were all so attentive. Nothing was a problem and they went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. Even to the point of dropping the blinds between the pool and entry so there was more privacy.

The rooms were large, clean, well fitted out and had comfortable beds. They were very clean and the linen was fresh.

The food was amazing. The companies corporate chef created a menu of delicious Indian meals from fresh, local produce(where possible) with a modern bright twist. The menu is set but don't be afraid because the kitchen team ensures there are many small dishes so you have variety. My son is only 10 and coming from Australia isn't into too much Indian food, however the kitchen team made him whatever he wanted - chicken with vegetables, or freshly made chips.

The manager and his staff were always waiting with smiling faces to see how our day out on safari had been. We spent some lovely times chatting with the corporate chef and understanding how she designed her menus and how the kitchen worked.

The resort employs and trains people from the neighbouring village which is a credit to them. We were able to visit the village and took many photos of the smiling faces that greeted us.

So thank you King's Lodge and the village for making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing under our hectic schedules of safaris and photo workshops.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RaS141
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Great ambience, great interiors, great food,incredibly helpful staff - a kitchen helper even offered to fill my beanbag with rice when I was looking for sand for that purpose - one runs out of superlatives to describe Kings Lodge, Bandhavgarh. However, I would like to deduct half a star for erratic power supply, but since that is not possible, am giving it 5 stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank baljit759
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed in this wonderful eco-friendly resort as part of my wildlife photography trip. They treated us royally, from the moment we entered in to the resort. Welcome drink itself spoke about all the good stuff you are going to relish. Very tastefully, aesthetically & eco-friendly way done Luxurious rooms. Beds are ultra clean & crisp. Bath rooms are maintained very fresh with all supplies from natural products. Abundant view of the the forest & birds from rooms is seen.
Food is excellent with right balance of spice & taste. Mango Icecream with coconut cream was awesome.
Staff is extraordinary & proactive, in terms of the service. In five days I didn't have to worry for anything. The General Manager & Chief Chef are very nice folks to talk to.
The safari team is highly knowledgeable about the park & tigers. That makes a huge difference!

Overall, they created a wonderful memory for me! Thanks a ton & wish you to be there again sometime in future.
Mahesh.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have very nice view .
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We had the best time ever at the King's Lodge. From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. Every single person who worked there was friendly and kind. The personality of the lodge was amazing and clean. We have traveled to many places and this has been by far one of our favorites! We also got a deep tissue massage that was awesome. The manager and Chef Vijaylaxmi were our favorite. We loved meal time and loved even more talking to them. Each meal was the best meal we have ever eaten.. by far the best Indian food in the world. The chef puts incredible care and detail into every dish and it does not go unnoticed. We can't wait to return! We will tell all of our friends and family of King's Lodge. We are blown away by this magical place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The moment you step in , one gets this food feeling about the place... they welcome you like royalty but give you space
The room I stayed in was spacious and the bathrooms are big (unlike hotels) . Everything provided like shampoo and conditioner are of natural kinda stuff. Towels are crisp and clean and the beds are very comfortable.
The most amazing part was in the mornings... cacophony of bird calls and twittering...it is amazing at the amount of birds I watched sitting on my balcony,the binoculars that I invested in was worth every penny ..
The hospitality needs special mention.. fantastic. I find that small places turn out to be better than any 5 star rated places. This place is 6 star based on different parameters...You are treated like royalty
I spent some time with the GM and Chef ..both very interesting folks and a pleasure was mine to have met them..Thank you for everything..
PS: The Mango Coconut Ice cream was delicious