All reviews on stilts game drives organic garden stilt houses pugdundee safaris pre dinner filtered water naturalist driver communal table great naturalist stainless steel the cottages the general manager sloth bear great sightings meal times comfortable rooms
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We had the best time ever at the King's Lodge. From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. Every single person who worked there was friendly and kind. The personality of the lodge was amazing and clean. We have traveled to many places and this has been by far one of our favorites! We also got a deep tissue massage that was awesome. The manager and Chef Vijaylaxmi were our favorite. We loved meal time and loved even more talking to them. Each meal was the best meal we have ever eaten.. by far the best Indian food in the world. The chef puts incredible care and detail into every dish and it does not go unnoticed. We can't wait to return! We will tell all of our friends and family of King's Lodge. We are blown away by this magical place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The moment you step in , one gets this food feeling about the place... they welcome you like royalty but give you space
The room I stayed in was spacious and the bathrooms are big (unlike hotels) . Everything provided like shampoo and conditioner are of natural kinda stuff. Towels are crisp and clean and the beds are very comfortable.
The most amazing part was in the mornings... cacophony of bird calls and twittering...it is amazing at the amount of birds I watched sitting on my balcony,the binoculars that I invested in was worth every penny ..
The hospitality needs special mention.. fantastic. I find that small places turn out to be better than any 5 star rated places. This place is 6 star based on different parameters...You are treated like royalty
I spent some time with the GM and Chef ..both very interesting folks and a pleasure was mine to have met them..Thank you for everything..
PS: The Mango Coconut Ice cream was delicious

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sunitfenn
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place neat clean simple with warm and courteous staff ever willing to assist you. Sporadic internet and phone connectivity- only BSNL works if it wills so - rather a blessing as it allows you to enjoy the space - lot of space to walk around with possibility to sight a variety of birds. Lovely food -from home grown garden -though of limited choice- I would say again it is a blessing as it is good for your health

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Arul S
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I am into the field of wildlife photography since last 9 years. I use to visit different National Parks and Sanctuaries for photography. Recently, I have visited Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve and stayed with Kings Lodge - Pugdundee Safaris for the first time for the duration of 4 Nights 5 Days. At the end of my stay i came to a conclusion that this is the best property i have stayed in last 9 years. Surroundings, atmosphere, service, staff, cottages, interior, cleanliness, food everything was just perfect. And, in house naturalists of the Kings Lodge are so knowledgable and experienced that not even a single moment in the forest can be missed from their eyes. They have complete information about the National Park. They are very good at identification of birds available inside the park. Also they are very much sharp to predict the moment of tiger in the forests. I can only say, if someone want to enjoy the peace and beauty of nature, then Kings Lodges Bandhavgarh is the only place to make your visit memorable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank KeyurN8
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We stayed at Kings Lodge for 4 nights in April. The lodge was very nice and well appointed. We enjoyed the food and were always given plenty, the best food of our 2 week safari. The room was very nice and the a/c worked well. They did not use bottled water, which made us nervous, but the water filling station was great and we had no issues with the water. They had a nice pool and sitting area which we enjoyed for drinks a couple nights. We did not use guides from the camp so I cannot speak to the guiding, but everyone that did seemed pleased. We saw tigers on every drive while at Kings, 11 different tigers in total. It was about 10-15 minute drive to whichever gate you were going to. We would have no issue recommending Kings and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the room number...the farther the walk to the main area (dining/pool)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple