“Best houseboat and awesome Service”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
nathjayes...
Melbourne, Australia
“Best houseboat and awesome Service”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Excellent service and more than what we expected. Fresh catches, backwaters, the food altogether it was awesome experience. Thanks to entire team for making our holidays a memorable one. Highly recommended service. Kids and family can easily roam around and enjoy backwaters. Thumbs up to host and keep up the good service. We will recommend your service to our friends in Melbourne.

16 Feb 2017
Dear Jayesh,

Sathish K
Chennai (Madras), India
“Not so good not so bad”
Reviewed 14 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We reached ahead of time and we were greeted and welcomed aboard and we were shown around the boat which had a room with a king sized bed with a glassed window on side for a great view , air conditioner, bathroom facilities, dining area with tv and music system. Then the best part - the upper deck with two chairs and a table with a front view bed with an awesome view.
I had asked for a honeymoon special since we were there for my first wedding anniversary. They started the boat half an hour early and we started cruising at a slow pace near the alleppey shore. The weather wasn't our friend it was scorching hot which was not brought down by the one ton heir air conditioner fitted in our room. The staffs didn't speak much (maybe because of language barrier even though I'm from neighboring state) they just answered to our questions we had to use google maps to know where we are and where we are heading and nothing was explained or shown. Lunch was delicious (esp the rasam) then we were stranded in a place because of a glitch in the boat here starts the bad parts, boat got stuck, there was communication gap between the organizers and the staffs they haven't been informed about the honeymoon specials for which I have paid extra. We went for dinner were I was surprised to find a normal lit dinner instead of a candle light then I had to ask the staff to call up the authorities to clarify it. Later we went to bed which wasn't prepared with flowers and the cake wasn't there in time. They told it usually come at 9.30pm which baffled me. I went to bed without accepting the cake and the decor for the room. The next morning got a call from the organizers saying the boat can't be started and they had to arrange a different normal boat then they arranged a cab for us to be dropped at ernakulam which is a good gesture. Overall we didn't have a great time nor a bad

Pros
View from upper desk
Morning trip through the canals

Cons
Room had two lights which wasn't working
Air conditioner
Salty water in bathroom
Staffs who weren't interacting

27 Feb 2017
Dear Sathish Sir,

Greetings from AMRUTHAM HOUSEBOATS..!!

Thanks for sharing the valuable feedback. As you aware, Cake and Flowers were present by 9.30 for the decoration, but since Guest refused, staff couldnt arrange the same. We apologize for not providing morning one hour cruise since boat propeller got stuck with fishermen Fishing net unfortunately, but we could compensate the same by arranging another boat for morning cruise and a free drop to Cochin.
We are really sorry if anything went wrong from our end; but happy to see that you could enjoy the trip well.

Please keep in touch; Hope to See You Soon,

Karen H
Arlington, Virginia
“Mostly Wonderful Adventure through the backwaters!”
Reviewed 10 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I puzzled a while over this review. For the first 27 hours our experience was phenomenal. The boat was comfortable, the upper deck was a dream place to watch the backwaters slide by, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the food was delicious and plentiful. They seemed to do everything we wanted and more. However, we had booked for two days and we only had about a day and a half worth of things to do. Although I had expressed reservations about spending a lot of time on the lake we started across the lake at a snails pace. I was getting sea sick from the motion. I asked to be closer to the shore or to hurry. In an attempt to comply we went close to the shore and ran aground. When we got off the sand, we then anchored in the middle of the lake where we had lunch and sat for a couple of hours resulting in my being sick and throwing up over the side as a result of the motion in the middle of the lake. Finally we proceeded again into a canal where I finally recovered since we were no longer in the back and forth water of the lake. They last couple of hours were much more pleasant. I was still to sick for dinner. We anchored at the home port for the boat and one crew man remained on the boat where we spent the night.
We paid extra for air conditioning at night and that was essential. Having an upper deck was also a big plus. I guess my overall experience was positive and fascinating but the 4 hours on the lake was certainly unpleasant.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
10 Feb 2017
Dear KAREN H,

Libz_t
“Serene experience”
Reviewed 5 February 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I had never experienced the beauty of the backwaters more vividly ever. Our quality of the trip can be exemplified by the supreme standard of our houseboat, the knowledge and hospitality of our host and last but not the least the mouth watering servings of local delicacies. I would love to be back another time.

6 Feb 2017
Dear Libs,

Greetings from AMRUTHAM HOUSEBOATS..!!

Thanks for the feedback. Its our pleasure to serve great people like you. Please keep in touch; See You Again Soon,

Subramani...
“Wonderful location & wonderful host”
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Maneesh is one of the great host and I loved the one night stay @ houseboat thoroughly. He made sure that we are comfortable. The food provided at house was fantastic and I am eagerly waiting for the next trip with Amrutham house boats. Maneesh for being so nice.

30 Jan 2017
Dear Subramani R,

Team Amrutham Houseboats
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing