“Lovely family brunch”

Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Paraparaumu
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 July 2023 via mobile

Great brunch on Matariki Friday - everyone very happy with their choices and food. Waffles were a big hit and our fussy eater enjoyed the lasagne.

Date of visit: July 2023
1  Thank Keiran K

Reviewed 14 July 2023

I take my brunch spots very seriously. We drove down from welly as it was mentioned that food here is great. We were a group of 15 adults and 6 kids and had booked in quiet in advance. We did end up being 12 mins late but the cafe owner was Informed about it and said it would not be a issue.

Positives - The staff were friendly, kind and helpful. Some dishes were really good.

Not so cool - We waited for nearly an hour for our food. Some of the orders served were wrong, some too salty and some too oily. I am not sure if they were short-staffed..but the chef could use a hand for sure. The staff were friendly, kind and helpful. Some dishes were just rushed out of the kitchen. Maybe next time don't take on big groups and decline the request if catering to the basic needs are hard. To serves a dish from the specials menu took close to 1.5 hours, we also ended up returning a dish and that just broke my heart and to add to it, it was interesting and surprising to see how every other group of folks who came along after we had ordered food were served first🥺

Date of visit: July 2023
Reviewed 13 May 2023

Absolutely delicious. I had a tropical smoothie and they made the salmon cream cheese bagel gf for me, which was a perfect balance ( & the gf bread was toasted perfectly). My husband’s flat white was very good and French toast yummy. The service was super attentive and friendly.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 25 April 2023 via mobile

MPE has had new owners for a few weeks now and he definitely knows how to cook! Breakfast was delicious and fresh. The coffee was lovely and hot, not too strong.
I would definitely recommend and will be back to try out their late night dining!

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 3 April 2023

Great little spot, really friendly staff who made me feel welcome as a solo diner. Guided me to the best table so i could plug my laptop in and do some work as well. Great coffee, and cabinet food. I understand they have new owners as well, so they were eager to please and look after me.

Date of visit: February 2023