“Mind boggling deliciousness”
Review of 50-50

50-50
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Paraparaumu
Description: Modern New Zealand cuisine with a global twist in the heart of the Kapiti Coast. ​50-50 is what happens when you combine the freshest local produce with a local dining experience.
Reviewed 28 March 2022 via mobile

The most clever dining experience on so many levels. Flavourful combinations that push boundaries of the possibilities of the use of ingredients. And for mind blowing fine dining experience, I thought the price to be extremely fair. The team she has constructed out front strive for a level of service you don't often receive in New Zealand. I Can't wait to return!

Date of visit: March 2022

Reviewed 15 February 2022

I’m still thinking about the sweet corn dumplings four days later. I can’t even imagine how you make the filling. Really spectacular. We had such a nice night. Thank you for your hospitality.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 2 February 2022

To be honest I didn't expect to get in as I only booked a day or two beforehand. Fantastic food and a relaxed atmosphere - we had the six course degustation and my wife had the wine match. Excellent and speedy service - could not fault it and will look forward to our next visit!!!

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 31 January 2022

The six cvourse degustation dinner is a not to be missed culinary delight. Each course was a visual feast and sometimes it seemed a pity to tuck in! The flavours of each dish were subtle and never dominated the main ingredient. Staff were excellent at explaining each dish to us and also in taking general care of us. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 15 December 2021 via mobile

We had the 6 course degustation menu and we were impressed with the speed and professionalism of the staff. The food wasn't all to our liking (it was expertly prepared - more personal taste). The snapper was absolutely delicious (and I'm not a fish lover) but the bisque it was in was very salty and I couldn't eat anything that had been sitting in it. I don't eat a lot of bisque so i'm not sure if it's usually that salty. We liked the lemon dessert but maybe less sherbet would have made it more enjoyable. Also the lamb could have done with a scooch more cooking. I'm a rare-medium/rare meat eater and the lamb was a little too rare for me. 50-50 is definitely worth a visit and is obviously very popular.

Date of visit: December 2021