“Motel luxury”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tokoroa
Clifton Court Motel
Ranked #1 of 7 Tokoroa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
fife
“Motel luxury”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed for 3 nights while touring NZ. Extremely clean,comfortable and well furnished. We have stayed in 'posh' hotels costing a lot more and not enjoyed this level of luxury. Strongly recommended. The staff, like all Kiwis, were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sondy68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 March 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately we had to attend a tangi (funeral) in Tokoroa. I had to book accommodation quickly but didn't know where to start. Clifton Court Motel had the best reviews. I rang the motel and the host Colin was very warm and friendly. They called me as they were able to move us into one large unit to reduce costs.

The accommodation is very basic but clean. The host was awesome and the motel was very close to the venue.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Lynda B
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 March 2012

As part of my life work experiences, when I was a very young fella I drove logging trucks in the Kinlieth forest for about 8 yrs and my father for over thirty years. A truckers and bush contractors Kinlieth reunion was organize for this particular weekend so we booked into the Clifton Court Motel for two nights.
We had originally booked three but ended up with another long time logging contractor and mate staying with us at very short notice. In fact we told them the next day as it was so late. Colin and Wendy were both easy going people and went with the flow. They ensured that are needs were catered for. Our rooms were getting a bit dated but were very clean and had all the basics there. The room noise from the main road….. well we never noticed it. There is plenty of parking there and they have just recently revamped a couple of rooms that look fantastic – so they have a revamp program in place. I can see that there is plenty of safe room for the kids to run around on the back large paddock.
I enjoyed the free internet which is important if you have a 24/7 business to keep an eye on. Overall this motel is a great little spot to stop for a few days in Tokoroa and explore the district area. Such as Putaruru’s timber museum or Whakamaru dam, if you want more tips on stuff to see in the area just ask for Colin and Wendy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike and Annema... G
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We booked one of the new back rooms after reading on trip advisor that the front rooms can be a bit noisy due to the traffic on state highway one. The unit was really nice and fairly new. It had everything we needed in it plus. Breakfast was great too. Would highly recommend staying here

Room Tip: Ask for a back room quieter than the front units
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank vaylett
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I was in Tokoroa for work and had read some grim reviews of the motels there. Decided on Clifton Court and called to make a reservation. Discovered new managers started last month and was cautiously optimistic after a very friendly phone conversation.

I decided to pay $12 extra for a new room. I didn't see the older rooms, but the new room I had was lovely. Pristine and a big screen TV, a seperate bedroom also. Excellent value for $110. I had a lovely peaceful sleep - new rooms are at rear of motel so no road noise at all.

The managers were so lovely and friendly, they went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I would highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank rachlovestravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tokoroa
2.1 km away
18.5 km away
Lake Maraetai Lodge
Lake Maraetai Lodge
#1 of 2 in Mangakino

Been to Clifton Court Motel? Share your experiences!