“"Drunken Sailor " NOW named "Oyster Cove" restaurant.”

Drunken Sailor Cafe
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Bluff
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2019

This place is now called "Oyster Cove" and has spectacular daytime sea views at the beginning of Bluff Harbour. Nothing to see at night unless a ship is passing.

I was there last weekend and there were very few people there and seemed to be only one person serving tables.

We had the seafood platter and it was wonderfully presented but the oysters were smaller Grade B and disappointing. Desserts were excellent.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Visited with a group on Saturday night. Took an hour from ordering only a main for me to get fed. One of our party got his main when others had finished theirs. The restaurant was not full or busy. Food was expensive and mine was basic fish, chips and a non descript salad with no dressing. Fish was battered and had yukky oily taste.Disappointed as I have advocated for this restaurant previously. Decor is stunning after rebuild from fire.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

This is an up market eating spot in bluff
Great food and views
Has been closed for a while due to fire
Would recommend to the traveler with a few extra dollars

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank ZaccharyC
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Food was nice ..no problems fresh and tasty . Size of portions quite large.. comes with condiments.
service was reasonable for a large group ... you definitely have to book for lunch when we went.. not sure about dinner but I wouldn't chance it..

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 15 December 2015

The food were okay and location was good. But very expensive, it does not justify the price of a dozen of oyster for $56 and a bowl of sea food chowder $36. The waitress were prejudice to us. I was vacationing there to visit my brother and my niece . Along with me were my Asian family. I live in NYC for more than two decades. It really upset me was when I asked for a drinking water for us to drink since no potable water was served on our table and the table next to us had glass container with drinking water, the waitress only directed me to go to the table where they stock their pitchers of water and for us to get it ourselves. It really disgust me their treatment that instead of leaving 20% tip as I usually do here in NYC, I ended up leaving nothing.

Date of visit: December 2015