Ways to Experience RealNZ
More Info
from US$31.81
More Info
1,076 results
All reviews stewart island real journeys doubtful sound glow worms te anau both ways ferry ride rough ride sick bags return trip day trip across lake manapouri wilmot pass tasman sea free tea and coffee south island paterson inlet
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Lovely travel on the cat. A little rough for the other of our party that came over the next day but with wonderful staff on board and assistance , all was good. Even the non seafarers..would highly recommend

Date of experience: April 2018
Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at RealNZ, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

sooz03, thanks for highly recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back on board our ferry in the near future.
The team at Stewart Island Experience

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We had two wonderful experiences on our visit to Te Anau. On our first day we hike on the Kepler Track with Becs as our guide. She was wonderful to be with and a superb leader on this strenuous day hike. The following day, with Douglas as our guide, we explored Milford Sound and walked interesting portions of the Milford Track. Thanks to Real Journeys for making our exploration of these beautiful areas such a special experience.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I originally booked a Mon tour to the TeAnau glowworm caves. I received an email Sun stating due to heavy rains, the caves flooded and the tour may be cancelled. I spoke with someone who told me there was a better chance the caves would be open on Tues so I rescheduled. Mon night I check my emails to make sure the tour is still on; there's no notice of any changes. Tues morning I get to the scheduled meeting spot a few mins early only to see the bus pulling away without me. I call CS and the guy tells me they left because I didn't show up. I told him I was there but the bus left early, he claimed they waited but I wasn't there. Instead of just owning up to their mistake and apologizing, he continued to argue with me. Then he claims they sent me a [non-existent] email on Mon night about possible cancellation due to rain and since I didn't respond they assumed I no longer wanted to go. So which is it - you waited or you assumed I cancelled? I understand no one can control the weather but don't blame your paying customers for your bus drivers not being able to tell time or your lack of organizational and communication skills.

Date of experience: May 2018
3  Thank elX9779RM
Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at RealNZ, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Kia Ora and thanks for taking the time to write this feedback. We are sorry to hear about your underwhelming experience with our customer service team. Our booking system shows no emails sent other than the booking/rescheduling confirmations so unsure why you would have been told about another email. I can also assure you we would never just assume someone has cancelled. We pride ourselves on our fantastic customer service and unfortunately on this occasion we failed to live up to those high standards. We will be following up with the staff member in question internally to ensure this does not happen again.
Kind regards, the team at Real Journeys.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Crossed in strong winds with 5m waves—thoroughly enjoyed it!
Crew were on hand and attentive to those feeling ill.
Journey back was far more comfortable in calm seas.
Would highly recommend!

Date of experience: April 2018

Victoria S, thanks for taking the time to post your 5 star review. Yes, it can be a little rough at times, but the "superb crew" are well versed with the conditions and being attentive during the crossing of the Foveaux Strait - glad that you thoroughly enjoyed it!
The team at Stewart Island Experience

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great trip over to the island but as the weather deteriorated the return trip was canceled. With an early morning crossing still planned we found the ferry well suited to the Deep South conditions
Great crew n skippers

Date of experience: May 2018
Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at RealNZ, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Kia Ora Kruuza, Thank you for your wonderful recommendation. We are very happy to hear you had a lovely experience with our hospitable crew. Yes the weather can be temperamental sometimes but like you pointed out all is well that ends well. We look forward to welcoming you back on board for another trip to Stewart Island.
Kind Regards - The Team at Stewart Island Experience