“YUM YUM YUM”

Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Matamata
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2020

Great Food. I'm new to Italian food but am loving what Osteria does.
Always very tasty and looks great too.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank Craig Y

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Went to Osteria for dinner on 1 February, it had been recommended.
Drinks and two meals were okay. However, the $41 Ribeye was grissly and tough. Only ate 1/3 and doggy bagged the rest for a cold meat sandwich later this week.
When asked by our waitress how were our meals, I expressed my disaapointment. All I got was the obligatory "Im sorry" and she moved on.
After I paid the bill, I again expressed my disappointment to reception. All I got was "oh"!
I never expected any financial consideration, but wanted to provide feedback. The two staff members couldn't care.
I expected high quality beef but got substandard beef.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank 513garryl
Reviewed 21 January 2020

We stopped here after a long drive.
Great place. Good coffees. My in-laws enjoyed our experience here.

Reviewed 17 January 2020

Arrived about half 6, sat inside for a peaceful evening. Service was a little awkward but fine. Food was great, unfortunately we couldn't enjoy it because we were so bothered by flies! I was literally flapping them from the food and knocked over my drink. We had to flag down a waiter to help. When we explained what had happened and how unhappy we were, we got the reply "the flies are bothering us waiters too" which was frustrating because nothing had been done, no fly nets on the doors etc. We asked for the bill and the food to takeout because we were too stressed by the flies to eat. We asked for the drink to be taken off the price as we hadn't drank barely any and the flies were the cause of the problem. In conclusion we were sadly disappointed as we'd been recommended the place and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice evening which was actually a horrible experience.

Reviewed 10 January 2020

Before going to Hobbiton, we had lunch here. We had pasta and liked them very much. Also the wine was very good. The waitress (German on a holiday work permit) was charming and very professional.

2  Thank bdblbu