All reviewsloft roomhot cross bunsheated bathroom floorsnew zealandlovely homevegetarian breakfastgracious hostsnext morningour entire tripbeautiful decorvisiting hobbitonwaitomo cavesa lovely staystayed two nightsnight staywarm hospitalityother guests
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved this gorgeous B&B. Stayed here as it was close to the Hobbiton tours and couldn't be happier with our experience. Willie and Faye were lovely, and provided some great tips for the rest of our trip. The accommodation was clean, comfortable and had great attention to detail, from the heated bathroom floors to the water bottles left in our room. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and kept us going all day. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while doing the Hobbiton Movie Set tour. Our hosts Faye and Willie were awesome. The lovely modern environment and beautiful decor made our stay extremely pleasant. Loved the breakfast set us up for the whole day.
Recommended as A+++++ top of the line stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
EldonwoodBandB, Owner at Eldonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for a wonderful review you have given us, we appreciate your kind thoughts about our home and breakfast. It was nice to be able to sit down around the breakfast table talking on different subjects.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We (myself, my wife and daughter) thoroughly enjoyed a night's stay with Willie and Faye when visiting nearby Hobbiton. It was fabulous from start to finish - a warm welcome, lovely rooms with all mod cons, including wifi and (very much to my wife's delight) electric blankets on the beds and underfloor heating in the bathroom. A wonderful night's sleep, followed by a superb breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for our friendly hosts.
Faultless!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
EldonwoodBandB, Owner at Eldonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

We are pleased that you found our B&B comfortable,warm with the electric blankets and the heated bathroom floors. Glad that we could also help make your daughters birthday a nice memory of your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Willie & Faye are two of the warmest hosts we met during our travel through NZ. The property was charming, and the bed (with heated mattress pad no less!) was more than we could ask for after a long day of sightseeing. The couple were always ready to offer their assistance and advice, in fact, it was Willie who taught us how to defrost our car in the morning and provided us with lots of tips for driving in NZ during the winter. We will always be grateful for that! :) Breakfast was absolutely delicious, and we were spoilt by the hospitality shown upon us! Although we have only spent one night here, Eldonwood B&B has left a lasting impression on us. We will certainly return if we visit Matamata again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
EldonwoodBandB, Owner at Eldonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

We feel very humble and honored at the same-time for your thoughts that you have written in your review for us. it is always pleasing to see that our guests are happy and comfortable with warm beds and a good breakfast to go with before leaving for their next part of the holidays. Pleased that the tip on defrosting the car windows was a plus for you.
Looking forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I've stayed at many bed and breakfasts, but I don't think I've ever met such kind and welcoming hosts as Faye and Willie. When they heard I was bringing the bus into town, Willie insisted on picking me up at the station, as well as driving me to and from dinner that night. They invited me to join them for tea, and on my second afternoon there, Faye and I had a wonderful conversation. My room was comfortable and well-appointed, and breakfasts were delicious. Staying at Eldonwood was a highlight of my trip, and I consider it a real privilege to meet Faye and Willie and stay in their lovely home.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
EldonwoodBandB, Owner at Eldonwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for your amazing review that you have taken the time to write on our behalf, we thoroughly enjoyed your stay here with us. It was no bother for me to be able too pick you up from the I Site Center and take you down to the restaurants. Pleased you liked your breakfasts, and we hope we will see you again sometime in the future with the rest of your family.