1,022 results
All reviews superior room very nice hotel pool bar night life our honeymoon thai style bars and restaurants happy hour welcome drink great pool the main street ark bar beach thailand koh sinks sunbeds
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The good: really good location, super friendly staff, clean, great breakfast buffet, fast wifi, big spacious rooms, children free, nice pool.

The not so good: bit disappointed with the “beach”out the front of the hotel because of the pictures we saw online before we came.
You can’t swim there, it’s a small dirty reef.
You need to walk quite far to go to a beach you can swim at.
Shower head( might have just been our room) sprays all over the bathroom and has really low water pressure.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Stke94
GMDaraSamui, General Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Stke94

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dara Samui Beach Resort and for taking the time to share your experience with readers on TripAdvisor.com

My team and I are very happy to learn that we were successful in providing you with the high levels of services which met your expectations. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our daily buffet breakfast throughout your stay with us, your room, the wifi, pool and location. We have replaced the shower head.My team are thrilled to hear of your kind compliments.

The weather and sea water levels has been extremely unusual at this time of the year. There is a lot of rain and days are very cloudy (but warm). Usually the sea water level is around mid-thigh deep but this year, it has been super low.

I sincerely value your feedback as it is a great motivator to all of us to continue delivering exceptional levels of services to all our esteemed guests.

We are humbled and honored by your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back at Dara Samui.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We had a lovely time staying here. The hotel is very tranquil despite being in a very busy area at the front. The basic room we stayed in was spacious, clean with excellent air con and shower although a little dated and worn in places. There was no view from the balcony as both sides of the hotel seem to have abandoned building projects.
The pool was gorgeous with a jacuzzi area and it was just the right temperature. The beach was great with shallow warm water but the constant sellers were annoying.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious although if you want to be in an air conditioned area you will be out of luck, it's outside with fans.
We ate in the restaurant that they set up on the beach each night and the food was excellent. You can walk up and down the beach and also find other great restaurants.
Staff were very helpful polite and cheerful as is typical in Thailand.
Overall a lovely good value stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room nearer the rear of the property/ beach
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally M

Dear salmcl

My team and I are very happy to learn that we were successful in providing you with the high levels of services which met your expectations. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our daily buffet breakfast and dining on the beach throughout your stay with us. My team are thrilled to hear of your kind compliments.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

It's our frist time to staying at this island and our frist hotel We stayed 6 nights We love Dara samui hotel very nice staff at front desk Marky and Nam beautiful smile and nice staff We was lucky to get the new sunbeds with the pool everyday next time we will come here again the staff was smiling and helpful with everything Thanks for Marky for good information and help with our staying.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
GMDaraSamui, General Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Sylvia C

My team and I are very happy to learn that we were successful in providing you with the high levels of services which met your expectations. Thank you for specially mentioning Khun Marky and Khun Nam in your review. My team are thrilled to hear of your kind compliments.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful trip. Elaine and Marky at reception we're super helpful. The dinner on the beach is lovely. The pool is fantastic, not busy and you never have any problems getting a sunbed or towels for the pool or beach. Breakfast has lots of variety and room was kept nice and clean.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear cleashy

My team and I are very happy to learn that we were successful in providing you with the high levels of services which met your expectations. Thank you for mentioning Khun Elaine and Khun Marky in your review. My team are thrilled to hear of your kind compliments.

We are humbled and honored by your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at Dara Samui.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Definitely will stay again next time! Receptionist realize it’s one of our friend birthday and decided to give us a cake as surprise! 10/10 rating I would give. Room was spacious and clean. Location right at the center of chaweng!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear chiamin23

My team and I are very happy to learn that we were successful in providing you with the high levels of services which met your expectations. My team are thrilled to hear of your kind compliments. It was indeed our pleasure to surprise your friend with a birthday cake to celebrate this special occasion.