Three of us stayed here in March 2017for two nights.This is a well- located property on the Golden Bay beach, with beautiful landscaping of the grounds. It is presented and priced as a luxury resort, with beach views.Unfortunately our cottage did not have one.To be fair, once you get to the beach close by, the views are amazing, especially the rise of the full moon which was glorious to behold.On arrival we were met the owners, who were extremely friendly and helpful.Luggage has to be taken to the cottage via a wheelbarrow. The cottage is very well designed and furnished, and the amenities are good quality. The sofa bed was uncomfortable for our friend, who actually slept better without pulling it out ! Breakfast is a hamper, everything else is self catering.Laundry in the owner's premises before 9 am and after 5 pm.
Overall we were happy with the place, but feel it is too costly for what is on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson