I recently spent a night at Adrift with me partner to have a special night away. I was expecting something really amazing and was left quite underwhelmed. The place is really beautiful with well looked after grounds and the cottages are high quality although slightly dated. The beach is nice but there are far nicer beaches around New Zealand. Adrift is really peaceful and relaxing.
The reason I was disappointed is because I was expecting something a bit more. It was $500 for 1 night and it is basically a self catering cottage with waterfront views. You can rent whole holiday homes in more beautiful locations around New Zealand which give the same standard of service. None.
I have stayed in several places around New Zealand in the same price bracket which offer amazing service, welcome drinks, and a fully cooked breakfast of your choice minimum. At Adrift we were shown to our room and delivered a hamper of well presented but plain food for breakfast which we had to cook ourselves?? Really?? For $500??
It really is nice but in my opinion way overpriced and not worth the money. Stay in a beach front holiday home and have the same experience. On a nicer beach. I wouldn't recommend it for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson