My wife recently stayed here for 3 nights. We loved the inn as well as the area.
Our unit was very nice - clean, spacious and modern. Breakfast is dropped off a day in advance. We cooked the British fry up one day and opted for the continental breakfast the other two days. Both were very good.
We weren't able to enjoy the beach or the grounds. We were busy in the mornings and early afternoons. By the time we returned the wind was blowing too hard to enjoy the outdoors. Don't know if this is a regular occurrence or just our bad timing.
We had a beach view unit which worked well for us. They don't have as good a view of the ocean as the beachfront units but they are within 10 yards or so of the beachfront units so there's not much of a difference.
Note that the inn is on Tukurua Street but there is also an Upper Tukurua Street right before Tukurua. We mistakenly took Upper Tukurua when we were trying to find it.
Also, the Mussel Inn is a few miles down the road and is highly recommended, especially their beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson