Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great ski instructors who made our ski experience great

We were a group of 2 in our early thirties, one who was a complete beginner and the other one had... read more

Reviewed 20 February 2020
elaineyzx
Exceeded our expectations

Reviewed 12 January 2020
Sue I
Sydney, Australia

All reviews complete beginner ski instructor green slopes ski season fiss georgia skills coach skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2020

We tried another ski school in Niseko a couple of years ago and were terribly disappointed in the quality of teaching. This time at Furano we booked 1.5 days of private lessons with FISS because of the positive reviews here. Best decision we ever made. Our instructor Rachael was the most patient person with a ton of teaching experience. She addressed each of our problems using many examples and exercises to help us improve our skills. She was always encouraging and fun to work with, making the lessons constructive as well as enjoyable. Booking online was very easy. They answered all our questions promptly via email. Very pleased to recommend FISS.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

Great snow sport school. I first found skiing scary. I had beginner lessons with the best ski instructor ever, a 22 years old from Melbourne. Georgia helped me to overcome fear and enjoy skiing after 3 days. My husband and our 2 boys had advance level lessons with also a very experienced ski instructor.

Reviewed 2 January 2020

Our family booked 2 instructors for a combined 2 full days. Georgia and Jane were both excellent instructor. Very patient and very good at taking care of my family, while I get to explore the mountain. My family loved the experience. On the last day, my 4 years old son was too tired and didn't want to ski, Jane and Georgia was flexible enough to take me and explore the mountain for half a day. It was a lot of work keeping up with a much younger instructor, but I had so much fun that morning. Our family will definitely come back again and chose FISS again.

Reviewed 26 December 2019

Thank you for the wonderful memories my family had in Furano over 24 and 25 Dec. Chris was the designated Coach and he was incredibly helpful and patient to the family. Was glad that through his coaching, the kiddo was able to tackle the slopes singly without issues, despite him being short in attention span during the initial lessons (LOL). Will be back to engage FISS and if possible Chris for the next ski season in 2020.

Reviewed 18 December 2019

I'm 20M travelling to Furano to ski and decided to take lessons to learn. FISS was on the expensive side compared to the other ski school in Furano, but in my opinion, it was 100% worth it! In the span of 3 lessons (over 4 days), I was able to go from a complete beginner level (not even able to slide) to a level where I can comfortably go down steep green slopes and (borderline) easy red slopes. My instructor was Will and he's just the best! He had great banter and our lessons honestly just felt like a hangout. Not only did he explain what to do and how to do things very clearly, but the way he taught also encouraged me to let go of my fear and this made me fall in love with the sport! One thing I really appreciated was that we never used the poles once, which may sound strange but it actually helped me focus on learning how to ski and balance.