All reviews pool area teething problems dos playas lovely hotel entertainment team show cooking inclusive break euro deposit maintenance staff meat and fish worked so hard sliding door hotel team newly opened hotel good sized bathroom loud music pasta station
Reviewed 16 June 2017

The hotel itself is fab. Amazing staff, very clean, good food and drink. BUT and as I review this hotel I am in my room the noise is something else. At the moment there is a "disco" type entertainment taking place with a member of staff shouting into a microphone over the very loud music. Unless you shut yourself in your room or go out you cannot get away from the noise. My friend and I leave the hotel after breakfast and go to a local beach for some peace every day. We would rather pay 12 euros for a sunbed than try and cope with the very loud entertainment/activities during the day, now I know lots of people enjoy this stuff but just one area to get away from the constant noice would be nice. Then there is the smoking, you can't get away from that outside at all. Eating areas included, so much smoke. I know different countries have different laws regarding smoking but at least one set area for non smoking would be nice. I know this all sounds very negative but apart from the noise and smoke issue this is a a very lovely hotel with fab staff. I will probably post something else when I return home and have time to reflect on the whole experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Fionaann
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear Fiona:
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.
We are very happy to learn that you had an amazing experience with us, and I would like to particularly thank you for your kind words towards all of our colleagues.
We have well noted your constructive comments in regards to our music in the garden and smoking areas.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We visited this hotel last week. Positive things that must be pointed out are: the hotel is nicely decorated, our room (408) and en-suite were very clean and spacious, great views from balcony, beds very comfy, the staff are friendly, the food well cooked and pool area very nicely kept.Transfers went without a hitch and were on time. Things that could do with improving are: there is nowhere comfortable to sit in the bar area, ie no sofa's or comfy chairs, there were no mattress protectors on the beds, food is not labelled correctly and there is no shop for snacks on-site. Also there are no sight seeing trips organised and the hotel is located out of the town in a very quiet area so taxi's are necessary. BUT our biggest bug-bear was the incessantly loud, booming loop music played around the pool area all day long. I complained three times to various members of staff and it was turned down for a short while while but their comments were ' we can't please everyone' hmph!!

Room tip: Ask for high level sea view room
1  Thank Wernons
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Wernon:
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.
We are very happy to learn that you had an amazing experience with us, and I would like to particularly thank you for your kind words towards all of our colleagues and service. We appreciate you comment about the music, we have just solved.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The hotel is definitely one of the best holiday hotels I have stayed in Spain. It is spotless and everything is what you would expect in a new hotel.
We were on a family holiday celebrating my wife's "special birthday" and were in one of the rooms with the extended balcony with sun loungers on it. It was superb.
The food in the restaurant is excellent and usually there is a wealth of choice. Drinks in the bar are reasonable and you get quality brands not the usual rubbish that a number of hotels serve up.
The pool facilities for children are amazing and my 2 year old grandson spent the bulk of his time in there.
The only down side is the lifeguard who is over keen to the point of being ridiculous. Any ball games in the pool or the wearing of flip flops or trainers near to the edge of the pool bring an immediate whistle from him.
As people say the Spanish visitors increase at the weekend and it was Murcia Day last Friday and the hotel was bursting at the seams and it was like playing dodge ball in the restaurant . So expect quieter mid weeks and hectic weekends.
As regards Puerta Mazzaron its about a leisurely half hour walk away (5 euros in a taxi) and has plenty of restaurants and bars and shops there.
The Port area is lovely and I can recommend the 1.5 hour boat cruise at 12 euros per person.
In summary this is a great hotel in the quieter end of the port area and I would highly recommend it for all families and older couples.

Room tip: Higher floor have better views.
2  Thank brianpmorgan55
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Brian:
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor/booking following your stay in ALEGRIA Dos Playas.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel I've visited with my girlfriend I cannot fault the hotel in terms of how clean it is and if you have children there is plenty for them to do. The food is average as it is pretty much the same everyday if you want variance you won't get that here but the food is ok to eat it just gets boring eating the same meals. My main problem is being English when you check in the receptionist speaks fluent English with you and you think your just on another typical holiday to Spain. The problem I found is there's only about 20% of people who are English staying here none of the other staff tend to understand English if you speak to a cleaner the response is in what I assume is Spanish if you chat to someone in the dining area again they only speak there language. To get into the town it's about a 15 minute walk and really quiet during the week and a little busier on a Saturday again though same problem any bar/restaurant/shop you go into there's nobody speaking English! Also one night we stayed at the hotel and there was a magic show on for children there was a few English kids there and the whole show was done in Spanish so they didn't understand what was going on. If you don't mind the language barrier and have no children then it might be worth staying I won't be returning myself though.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryanm8787
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Ryanm:
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay in ALEGRIA Dos Playas.
We regret to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations as you couldn´t find English customers.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Just returned from a holiday with family and we had a great time. We arrived late in the evening and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Reception staff arranged for food to be taken to our rooms, which was much appreciated. Our room was on the 4th floor and was lovely, very clean, beds were comfy, bathroom/shower was great. We looked out over the pool and the sea, great views. We were full board and the food was amazing, there was so much choice. All the staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Great hotel and we will be returning.

Room tip: Request a room overlooking the pool
1  Thank shar568
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Shar: