5,635 results
All reviews piano bar playa la arena adult club separate shower cubicle animation team french guests music hall reception staff every night pool area los gigantes spring hotel lovely hotel the wow factor sea view great holiday sister hotel
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This is a really very beautiful hotel which has the WOW effect, especially Reception area! Everything was nice and clean and you can see cleaners around all day long, working hard to maintain a massive place clean!!!
Rooms: Rooms are nice modern clean and spacious but quite noisy from the program in the lobby and from the guests from adjacent rooms, sometimes we could smell cigarette smell from bathroom ventilation. A big balcony but would be maybe nice to have sunbeds there and not just plastic chairs which can be quite uncomfortable after some time sitting there and enjoying the evening and view. The bed was ok and quite comfortable even tho I have a back problem. Unfortunately Safe costs 3 Euro per day which is quite a lot in my eyes as most hotels we visited were free to use (for example last year >> 4 start CLUB HOTEL RIU OLIVA BEACH RESORT IN CORRALEJO, FUERTEVENTURA<<). The bathroom is huge with 2 showers, which is great if more of you want to get it at the same time and we had no any big problem with hot water.
Reception: staff friendly and always helpful and as I said the lobby area is breathtaking...so beautiful!!!! Wifi not very good and only free in a small area around reception... most hotels 3,4,5 start usually offering them free outside the reception too!
Pool area: brilliant and lots of sunbeds, we didn't have to fight for them, even if you came late..... sunshine cover the whole area from morning to evening and the main pool was quite warm which was really nice surprise as most places we went the pool was always freezing but here was very pleasant temperature!
Staff: most of the staff really friendly and polite, we only had an issue with 1 in the main restaurant, big tall man (cook/chef) in the red cap serving most time eggs in the morning. He never responds to our greeting, always gave us an angry face and generally very unfriendly, unhappy person, even tho we also greeted him in Spanish, gave him big smile and asked him how he's doing etc but we could see that he was like that to everybody so he's just a grumpy person!
Bar in the lobby nice and staff always friendly!
Entertainment: was quite nice and you had always something around the lobby bar in the evening and also downstairs in the main theatre!
OK FOOD:
Main restaurant: Big choice of everything (food, cakes, fruits and vegetables etc), really lovely tasty food...we absolutely love it but the MAIN problem we had, was that MANY times we found trays empty or almost empty and sometimes we waited quite awhile before they have been replaced and few times me or my wife had to go to ask somebody to fill them up.
With DRINKS-Most hotels we have been offered self-service which is much better so you can go to get drink anytime you need or want but not here..... sometimes we had to wait while before somebody shows up to ask you what you want for a drink or we had to go and ask to get some drink because you would like to have something to drink straight away as you sit down and not when you nearly finish the food. We don't blame for empty trays or delayed drinks restaurant staff because we could see how they really worked so hard and always running around but the MANAGEMENT of the hotel as clearly there needs to be more people to cover such a big busy place (same behind the omelet, eggs, pancake area needs more than just 2 people as when busy we waited in queue quite awhile to get just fried egg!!!). Is the hotel just try to save money at the expense of guests....budget, budget, budget!? Me and my wife worked in the hotel industry for many years in Europe and also in a 5 start hotel in London and my wife currently works in the hotel as a manager so we know what we are talking about. More people needed in the restaurant, please!
The main problem...FOOD IN POOL BAR!!! BIRDS STEPPING ON FOOD AND EATING FOOD FROM THE BOWL!!!!!!!!!
I was reading few reviews before our holiday about this problem and I even sent an email to the hotel to find out more information because everybody knows that birds or their poo is very dangerous/Massive health and safety issue as birds transmit diseases!!! I sent this few examples from other people too>>>"The biggest disadvantages are the flies and birds eating with the guests during meals" and this:" Food- overall pretty good. I would suggest glass top coverings for the food at the snack bar as it did put me off seeing flies and birds help themselves!" <<<
After this I received an email back from Macarena Pérez Guest Experience Team: "Regarding your comments about food hygiene, we are pleased to inform you that we count with a strict hygienic measures necessaries to exclude any risk to our guests on the other hand, our Snack Bar is provided by a large window door that it is open during the opening times. It can happen that, due to the bar is an opening area some birds can enter into the bar. Nevertheless, our efficient staff always take the control of it."
Well, I was happy with this answer until we arrived and see it with my own eyes(see pictures): NO the staff is not efficient because they are so busy (AGAIN) so they have no time to look around for birds which eating anything and everything there!!! Family with kids coming for food and starts eating the same cookie which was eaten by birds before...it's a health issue. Birds also poo on chairs inside the pool bar and after people sit down and have that poo on body....I mean this is quite disgusting and again health issue!!! I also reported this to our REP but heard nothing back or didn't see any changes! I really think that Manager of the hotel should find some solution before somebody gets really sick...I tried the food there only once in the beginning which was a big mistake...I spent the whole night on toilet vomiting with horrible diarrhoea and had to go to the pharmacy next morning to get some medicine, and for next 2/3 days I was unable to even eat properly (great with all inclusive).... also reported to our REP and she said she will speak with reception...
This is really a shame because it is a really beautiful hotel, area etc and generally we really enjoyed our holiday there and were thinking to come back next year with our parents but we will not eat in pool bar for sure until they do something about it but I really hope they will!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davidmarinov1
GuestExperience T, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Be Live Experience Playa La Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear David,

We first would like to thank you for choosing our Be Live Experience Playa la Arena for your holidays in Tenerife and for letting us know your concerns relating to your time in our hotel as it gives us an opportunity to look at areas which may have for improvement and for that we are grateful.

We feel sorry to read your disappointment about the waiter services and all the time that you spent waiting for the food to be replaced, we already took gote note of your remarks and we will improve our service in this area.

Regarding the main problem in the snack bar, We have already forwarded the provided information to the affected department managers for internal processing.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I think the trip is very successful. the hotel has plenty of attractions and delicious food. a few issues require refurbishment and refreshing. public toilets, cupboards and doors in the cafeteria, but the overall rating is very positive. great location and surroundings

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Be Live Hotels
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Positives: massive refurb since last visit. Hotel looks absolutely beautiful
Pool area : brilliant
food: excellent
la Carte restaurant: excellent
Staff: excellent
Facilities: excellent
Rooms; excellemt
Negatives: don’t eat in pool bar. Birds eating food, both hot and cold. Actually In serving dishes eating spaghetti cakes etc. Massive health and safety issue. Reported this to rep and hotel. Rep appalled but after two weeks nothing done. Hotel not bothered.
Animation team walk round pool sitting and talking to French guests. English guests ignored. Very much catered for French
Restaurant. Noticed some guests get drinks automatically replenished. Never happened to us!!!
Was given details of adeje market. 35 Euro’s each way but closed this week for rally. Rep and hotel should have advised
Rep didn’t know much about hotel shuttle bus etc

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank JAK2002
GuestExperience T, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Be Live Experience Playa La Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling all Tripadvisor users about your great holiday in our hotel Be Live Playa la Arena.

We are happy to hear that you liked the Pool area, the food, the rooms, the facilities and specially the staff.

On the other hand, we feel sorry to read your dissapoinment about the few issues that you menctioned, we already took good note of your remarks.

Willing to welcome you again and to be of service at Be Live Experience Playa la Arena, so that you can confirm the improvements we have realized.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

A wonderful hotel, the place is immaculate. Lots of choice in the hotel restaurant and enjoyed a visit to the a la carte as part of the package. The animation team are very friendly and work tirelessly to keep everybody entertained. The rooms are larger than average with a fridge, ours had 2 showers and a bath which was great. Overall a wonder break.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your time in writing about your fabulous experience in our hotel Be Live Playa la Arena.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your holidays with us, We specially apreciate the nice coments about the staff, we will pass your kind words to the animation team.

We would love to have you and your family back for another great time!

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel , marble flooring , very clean , every morning staff were cleaning windows and bannisters , the staff made your beds everyday , I did leave my sign out saying I was sleeping one day as I had left the room messy having had to leave at 7 for a park day , but they came in anyway , I’d rather they hadn’t , but the staff were very friendly , we are English and had no trouble understanding each other , the safe is 3 euros a day which we paid for , there are beach towels you can hire but we didn’t know that so had brought our own , meals times are 7.30-10.30 1-3 and 6.30-11 food was good my husband enjoyed it , , pool very clean , ice creams to buy around 2 euros, a shop on the reception floor and vending machines throughout , rooms really ought to be sound proof , can hear people having baths and showers doors slamming and people coming back late and carrying on partying , did not have a good nights sleep the whole time I was there but I got used to it plus I’ve a toddler that doesn’t sleep through anyway , all in all quite a good hotel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kellymb78
GuestExperience T, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Be Live Experience Playa La Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Kelly,

We are glad to hear you all had such a good time during your recent stay with us. We would like to thank you for the remarks that you wrote in Tripadvisor.
We are also pleased to read your compliments towards our staff, whose kindness and helpfulness is one of our hotel's greatest strengths and We promise to congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst in our hotel.

On the other hand, we feel sorry about your dissapoinment regarding the noise of the room, we are currently looking at some improvements in this area, We appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.

Hoping to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards.