“Relaxing and easy”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Parque Albatros

View overlooking Swimming Pool from Terrace
Games Cave with indoor games and Playstation Spacious Living Room with Large Flat Screen TV
Check Availability
Lg Living Room
Local Beach at Los Abrigious
View of Hall Door to Apt
View of the Bridges & Gardens on the complex
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Alison B
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Nice apartment but a few problems.”
Reviewed 17 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I stayed at this apartment 6 June – 20 June 2015 with my husband, son, his partner and my 10 month old grandson. My husband and I had stayed at Royale Parque Albatros before, in a one bedroom apartment and had really enjoyed our time there. Like another reviewer stated, we had looked down onto the large terrace of this apartment with envy!
We primarily booked this apartment to bring my mother-in-law with us, but unfortunately, she was ill and couldn’t travel. My husband and I had the en-suite bedroom with single beds. My son his partner and their son slept in the double bedded room with the TV on the wall. There was a travel cot provided for the baby. There was another bedroom with full size bunk beds and large mirrored wardrobes.
The apartment was roomy and bright in the lounge and kitchen and cool and dark in the bedrooms. We occasionally had the air conditioning on which was very effective and only 1 Euro for 2 hours. The dining area had a nice table and chairs with a highchair for the baby. Often, there was a strange drain-like smell here. Perhaps from the outside drains? I don’t know.
Unfortunately, we had a couple of problems whilst at the apartment. The TV in the bedroom was not working at all when we arrived. This was upsetting for me as having a 10 month old baby, I thought if my son and his partner wanted an early night, at least they could watch the TV. We let John (the man looking after the apartment for the owners) know and he arranged for someone to come and look at it. The repair man arrived the following Saturday and told us that the wire had been cut through outside. He repaired it and it worked after that. Both that TV and the large one in the sitting room had a very good picture. But the sound was a second out of sync with the picture. It was okay for a while, but if you were watching an entire programme it made you feel dizzy! We were told that it was the satellite. I KNOW you don’t go on holiday to watch the TV! But it’s nice to have on whilst you’re sat around waiting for everyone to be ready, etc.
The second problem was the boiler. It was leaking onto the floor, but not badly enough to be worried. We just kept mopping it up. We’re not “picky” people – we just get on with it! On the first Monday we were there, though, we came back to the apartment in the late afternoon and the bath was covered in very orange rusty water! It frightened me to death when I saw it as at first glance I thought it was blood! It took me 20 minutes to clean it up. We rang John straight away and he arranged for someone to come and look at it the following Saturday, the same day as the TV. In the meantime, my husband tightly wrapped a cloth around the leaking pipe. The repair man said that the boiler needed replacing and he was coming to do it around 6pm the following Monday. We were told that we had to stay in whilst he did this. However, he arrived on time and was gone by 7pm. He told us not to use the hot water for an hour. My husband, son and partner had showered previously, so I had a wash down in cold water and we bathed our grandson in his paddling pool, heating the water up with boiling water from the kettle. We all went out for a last meal as my son, partner and grandson were flying home the next day. When we came back, to our dismay there was no hot water! The next day, we all showered in COLD water! (I later found out from Claire that there are showers that we could have used down some steps near the pool. I wish we had known that previously!) My husband and I waved our family goodbye that lunchtime and got in touch with John yet again! I bet he was really fed up of us! Believe me, by this time, WE were really fed up! The repair man came back once more and replaced some pipes as he said they were badly bent somewhere and the water was not getting through.
These problems were unavoidable and were sorted as soon as possible, but they were still upsetting for us. Anyway, it couldn’t be helped. The last couple of days went smoothly.
Although the apartment was lovely, we ALL said that it could have benefitted from a deep clean. The oven was grubby and the kitchen cupboards sticky. When my grandson’s dummy dropped and rolled under the settee, my daughter-in-law to be was horrified at the dirt under there. The two bathrooms were roomy but the one with the shower cubicle started to smell in the second week. When my son and his family went home on the Tuesday, I just shut the door and left it. I know it must be very difficult when you have a popular apartment and guests are in and out before there is time for a really thorough clean up. Especially when there are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms to sort out.
The towels provided were plentiful and of good quality. The bedding was not changed in the two weeks that we were there, but I found out later from Claire that if we’d have asked for them to be changed, they would have been. Maybe for a charge? I don’t know as I hadn’t asked. When we stayed in the one bedroom apartment in Royale Parque Albatros previously, the sheets and towels were changed without us asking. So I think I just assumed that they would be again. My fault – I should’ve asked.
We have been to this part of the Golf del Sur many times. There are some lovely walks here and great restaurants with lovely, hardworking staff. My nephew and his partner have worked in Los Cristianos for many years so we like to visit them and they come and visit us wherever we stay. We will continue holidaying in this part of Tenerife for many years to come. God willing!

Liked best: Royale Parque Albatros itself
Liked least: The TV's with
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
EatAnglia...
Eat Anglia
“Relaxing and easy”
Reviewed 18 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We wanted a relaxing, unchallenging break in the sun and this fitted the bill. The description of the apartment is spot on and I would add that it is in a nice position, on the end so you don't feel so hemmed in. In fact, our balcony seemed unrivalled in size! In past years we have rented villas with private pools in quiet/remote areas so this was a new experience for us, but we found the resort and area quiet. Yes planes fly over but they were not frequent or a problem. The pool was never crowded though the sun beds filled up...no hassle to us as we stayed on the balcony! Our teenagers enjoyed the pool and there was also pool (with cues!), table tennis and giant chess available. We paid to have wifi in the apartment but actually they were happy and safe in the cool and comfy communal reception area, where the signal was stronger. There are loads of places within walking distance to eat, though we didn't feel the overall standard was very high. We didn't eat on site. There is a large supermarket in San Blas,which is a 20 min plus walk. There's a much nearer one but we only found it on our penultimate day. The information folder was unfortunately missing from the apartment. Having said that Claire was very patient and answered all my texts promptly! We really enjoyed our break.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Trscarrfa...
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 29 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I can only mirror what the other reviews have already said.
We have never booked an independent accommodation before and where a little apprehensive, although Claire made it incredibly easy regarding the booking.
When we arrived we were overjoyed that the apartment was exactly as described, it is the perfect holiday getaway.
The weather was fantastic, but thanks to the air conditioning in the bedrooms we were able to cool down when needed.
There is everything you could need in the apartment and it is very well maintained. One of the things my husband really appreciated was the little extras we found in the kitchen I.e cooking equipment, the cupboards certainly were not bare and we used the kitchen every day.
COMPLEX:
We hired a car and found the car park more than adequate, although there are shops in walking distance and heard that the buses are very reliable.
The staff at the complex were all very friendly and helpful booking things for us although we were in a private apartment.
GOLF DEL SUR AND AREA:
Found the area lovely and relaxing but if venturing out, nothing is too far away.

I have already recommended this apartment to friends and family and will definitely rebook.
Thank you Claire for your help and ease of booking.

Liked best: The space
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Cambridge...
cambridge
“What a fantastic apartment”
Reviewed 17 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Have been to Golf Del Sur many times and would like to say this is the best apartment we have rented, the apartment is very spacious and although we never cook while we are on holiday the apartment has everything to do so, The Balcony/terrace is large and gets the sun before miday till it sets also one of the few places we have stayed that receives BBC ITV etc, I have stayed in the complexes either side of this Winter Gardens and Cordial Golf Plaza and would say this is the best of them all, we go to Tenerife at least once a year and would now say this is the only apartment I would want to stay also a big plus for me was the ease and the efficiency the owner handled the booking so thank you for making ths a great holiday.

Liked best: Very Spacious
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Maureen S
Essex, United Kingdom
“A very relaxing holiday in a brilliant accommodation”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We have been to this resort on many occasions and have always looked at this apartment admiringly - as we took our daughter this time this gave us a grand opportunity to book this apartment and we were not disappointed - the rooms were spacious as was the lounge and patios. Well kitted kitchen and great having two showers. The resort did not disappoint as it never has - a great location for a relaxing holiday.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the patio area
Liked least: nothing
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing