All reviews excellent spa steam room sea view excellent hotel indoor pool loft spain facilities balcony salou toilet
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The family and I decided to spend a week in Salou a place we have never ventured and a summer holiday we have not had for a few years due to time spent at snow resorts.
I was a little nervous to say the least we don't seem to be great at our choice of hotels lately. Well what can I say from the outset the hotel was everything and more than what we expected. Immaculate professional easy check in, porter takes your luggage to your room. Upon entry to our room, it was beautiful, over the two floors plenty of space for a family of four, all the little extras and touches were there. All what would be expected from a five star hotel, lovely staff, breakfast was lovely and catered for all tastes. The balcony to our room had plenty of space. The pool, the spa the hotel itself was beautiful my whole experience allowed us as a family to relax catering for all events from within and outwit the hotel. The girls who came every morning to look after children who were staying in the hotel were fabulous speaking 6 languages between them. Our daughter thoroughly enjoyed their company both during the day and in the evening. This service was at no extra cost with a very happy child looking forward to the fun and games daily. The staff were very accommodating we asked for late check out allowing my daughter and I to go to the water park on our last day without a rush, and the typical teenage wifi time in the hotel for our son lol. Overall I would highly recommend the hotel is everything you would expect. Thank you for looking after us, we will be back very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with sun or shade during the day
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirley-Anne R
Premium2012, Guest Experience at Gran Palas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and experience with other travellers. We are so happy that your stay with us was so succesfull and hope see ypu very soon again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The Gran Palas is the only 5* in the area. We hit it off a little on the wrong foot because our reservation got lost but was finally "found" (with the help of the person who booked the rooms for us) and we got an upgrade to a 2 story suite - so I don't want to complain much. Only problem was that Airconditioning and jacuzzi on the 2nd floor wasn't working very well - possibly due to the high temperatures that we had. The hotel is huge and quite well equipped - couple of bars and restaurants, a very nice outdoor pool with a slide and play area for the kids, Spa, fitness. Also the indoor pool looked pretty nice. Breakfast buffet was ok - not as lavish as you'd expect for a 5*. The hotel mostly caters to Russians. It went as far as me asking for towels at the Bar in Spanish and getting an answer in Russian. Not that i didn't understand but I do believe this could alienate other nationalities. I do believe the majority of people staying at the hotel during our stay were Russians which was matched by equal distribution in the hotel staff. My last comment on the Spa. Day 1 of our arrival I wanted to book a spa service. Everything was full - until a week from the date of my call. In my opinion not acceptable considering the hotel actually handed out discount offers.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Premium2012, Guest Experience at Gran Palas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

First of all thank you for leaving your comments that certainly help us to improve day by day. We take note of them, and we will do everything in our power to solve these issues.

We are in changing process of management and we are working to improve many of the aspects that you mention.

We hope you to come back very soon and enjoy these improvements.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

From start to finish our stay at the Gran Palas Hotel could not be faulted. The location was very nice and the position of the hotel in relation to the shops, restaurants and activities was only a stroll away.

The pool area was lovely and quiet but still had a nice atmosphere with other visitors the only down side was the 2ND pool area was closed but it was early in the season and the pool and slide were ample.

The rooms were stunning, we had the garden loft suite which had so much room for 2 adults and 2 kids. This duplex room had a twin room downstairs with a complete bathroom, TV and access to the balcony and the double room upstairs was gorgeous with a toilet, sink and lovely big wet room shower.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and couldn't do enough to make the stay enjoyable and nothing was too much trouble, special thanks to George and Maria who were training at reception and will certainly be an asset to the hotel. Additionally the girls who ran the kids club who actually came looking for the children to play and they really enjoyed their job with masses of enthusiasm.

The breakfast was very impressive but as we didn't eat in the hotel other than at breakfast I can comment but I'm sure it's every bit as good.

I viewed a different room before we left for a return visit which was also stunning... a massive double room with 30ft balcony and a bit round Jacuzzi bath with full patio door over looking the beach and sea... we will be back.

Thanks so much you made our stay worth every penny.

Mr rose

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank skiaero
Premium2012, Guest Experience at Gran Palas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you very mucha for your time and for sharing your experience with other travellers.

We are so happy that your stay in Gran Palas was so satisfactory.

Hope see you again back very soon.

Yours sincerely!

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently and even though I wasn't there long due to business... I would like to say thank you as the hotel is lovely and my room was beautiful. The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful! The hotel was clean and modern and very well presented! I would certainly return but this time for pleasure and not for business :)! Once again thank you

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Vic_Duncs83
Premium2012, Guest Experience at Gran Palas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with other travellers in Tripadvisor.

We are glad that your stay with us has been so satisfactory and we hope to have you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days in a spacious and comfortable room with a large bathroom. Make use of the large spa facilities during your stay, a great way to relax and unwind after a day working/exploring. The food is fresh and plenty of choice especially during breakfast. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Premium2012, Guest Experience at Gran Palas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thak you very much for sharing your opinion with other travellers.

We are happy that your experience with us was so positive. We work every day for improve our service and facilities, hope we see you again very soon.

Best regards,