“Soggy fish”

Drakes Fish N Chips
Ranked #6 of 7 Quick Bites in Shipley
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ive been a few times recently and they have been really good. Asked for a well done fish. When i ate them the batter was white and soggy next to fish. This is exactly why i ask for them well done to avoid this. The cat enjoyedvthe fish more than i did.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 13 October 2020

On 24th September2020 I ordered the set meal for two and established that I was entitled to free delivery but by the time I had reset my password, which was a requirement of Deliveroo, I was being charged for delivery. I could not change that. When the meal was delivered there were two boxes containing small portions of fish and chips but there was no curry sauce and there were no mushy peas.
"If you have any feedback about us we would love to hear it." it says on the website so I sent an email detailing what had happened and expressing my disappointment. The implication from the website was that they would respond to any feedback. The outcome is that I have received no response to the first email nor to any of the four subsequent ones. They have lost a customer and appear to be not bothered in the slightest.

Reviewed 6 October 2020

I hadn’t been for a while, but was definitely impressed this time with the quality of the food and friendliness of the staff. Very clean and safe and will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank ClareMarie10
Reviewed 29 September 2020

Works local chippy, some lovely new staff who always have a smile on there faces and are very welcoming. Following covid guidelines well! Fish and chips are lovely, portion size is large for what you pay and the fish is lovely! Cans of pop are a little pricey though

2  Thank B1610NXjacka
Reviewed 29 September 2020

Don’t normally use drakes but the smell of fish and chips while at the traffic lights made us stop for a treat. What a fantastic friendly and efficient service we had from the young lady serving us. Fish and chips were very clean not like some we have had from other shops. Will definitely be going again

2  Thank Anto L