1,045 results
All reviewsaqua parkanimation teamspecial thanksmain buildingtraditional turkish foodcleaned every daysandy beachfamily roomhot foodother guestsmain barlydiaslidespiscesseaentertainmentcansu
Reviewed 2 September 2017

One of the largest resorts I have ever been. The diversity of foods was poor and also the variety of drinks in bars, but you can always find something to eat or drink somewhere in the hotel. The cleanness of rooms was less than average. If you want to visit Izmir or Kusadasi avoid choosing this resort as it is in the middle of the road between two cities and away from attractions.

Room Tip: sea view rooms in the main building is suggested
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Babak228
Burcu A, Yönetici at Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort Team I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us with the wider travelling community here on Trip Advisor.

It is always important for us to know how our guests feel and what they think about our hotel so that we can improve it for the future.

At Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort we always aim to provide the best possible service for all our guests and hope that one day you will return and see for yourself the true nature of service that is Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I will start with the positive, the sites are stunning. It's is a very beautiful place to visit. The pools were clean, the beach was lovely, sea is crystal clear and the beach snack bar was our favourite bit to go as it was the only place our kids would eat as it had English food. The rooms are small bungalows which I liked as there is no banging on walls from neighbours :)

Now for the negative. We arrived on Thurs 3rd Aug, to a room where I paid extra for sea view. You had to stretch over the balcony to get a glimpse of a bit of sea :( (attached picture) pretty sun set but not the sea view i had in mind. I didn't want to let that spoil my holiday so I left it. But a tip.. dont pay for sea view! Rip off. By Saturday both my husband and baby of 2 was projectile vomiting from both ends.
The food was luke warm, sometimes cold and covered in flies. Even the bread section, they leave out bread rolls for people to man handle and cut up themselves. By the end of the holiday all 5 of us suffered either vomiting or the runs. We ate off dirty tables that were only clean if you eat when it first opens. We wiped them down with napkins. If you ask anyone for help, the staff have no clue as they don't speak English. I tried to take food back to the room for my husband as he couldn't go out due being glued to the loo, and a lady stood there and told me I wasn't aloud. By the second day of his illness he hadn't eaten anything and tried to take food again I had to do a drama scene so she understood that he had sick coming out his mouth and poo flooding out his bum. Embarassing. She even made me write my room number down to make sure I brought the plate back :0 shocking.
On the Friday after we got there, I wanted a shopping trip to ozdere, took 10 mins to find a English speaker who told us to wait outside for a taxi. 20 mins later, by another guest informing us, turns out they have to phone for one for you, so we stood there in the cooking heat for nothing. So even the English speaking staff still don't have a clue what your saying.
Our rep, didn't have a clue who it was to report anything.
This hotel seriously needs to think about catering for people other than just locals as people who speak English will find it very hard to receive any kind of help and it is very frustrating that I have literally gone into debt to give my family a holiday that we had to sit inside for a good chunk of it due to poor performance from this hotel. Not a happy customer, so please don't reply fobbing me off how you take these reviews seriously as you have with the others and how you would like us to return. I will not be returning to your hotel and it has completely put me off turkey for good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jane L
Burcu A, Yönetici at Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank you for choosing us and taking your time to review your stay with details.
Your evaluations are very important for us in terms of improving and developing our hotel, assessing our personnel accurately, analyse whether our quality-focused understanding of service adapted for our valuable guests has been implemented and adding value to our facilities.
All the issues you have mentioned will be evaluated carefully and the necessary precautions will be taken as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to seeing you here and promise to pay a special attention for you.

Your Sincerely,

Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort Management

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Long one but worth the read....

Room
Landview - in this case, over the car park.
Food left in the fridge from the previous guest.
No spare toilet tissue , in the end I had to take if from the cleaners trolley!
Hotel arranged our taxi so knew we were arriving after midnight, childs bed not made up so had to call for housekeeping at 1am.
2 pillows between 3 people, took another 2 days for additional pillows to arrive
However room standard ok, shower needs resealing though.
NO English tv except the news.
You have to pay for the safe (ridiculous in my opinion)

Food:
Terrible, no labels so if you have any intolerance/allergies etc , good luck.
Repetitive, bland, cold most of the time.
However, if there is anything worth having it is snapped up by the greedy locals. Who pile on food like there is a shortage, so wasteful, unbearable to watch.
Breakfast egg chef seems to really hate her job and she is not even good at it, no omelettes, just fried eggs.
Al a carte without menus.. food just given, again no explanation. Italian served chicken and chips!
In the end we went to Ozdere to eat on our last 3 nights as it became too awful to eat at the hotel.
I could go on.. but you get the picture.. oh and don't forget, lots of queue jumpers !

Drinks
local beer/spirits, soft drinks are made up from syrups.. stick to water I would suggest.

Non existence for the English, this place is totally geared for Turkish locals and Russians. No one seems to speak English well (or even want to try) so you can imagine 'faulty towers' type scenarios happening all the time.
This place needs more staff. In the Italian 'Al a carte' there were 2 waiters to over 50 guests, it was a disaster.

Sunbeds
For the first time in 20 years holidaying all over the world, I had to get up early to bag any beds, totally unacceptable for a supposedly 5 * hotel.
No sunbeds available anywhere after 9am, there are 7 pools and a beach but
there are simply not enough.
They need to put some rules in place!

Pool
We stayed around the waterslide pool, where the lifeguards or management have no control over people using the slide rings/matts multiple times without passing them on for other guests, only when I made a complaint (gestures work well here) did they put some order into the process.
When we arrived only 2 slides open, as the week went on they opened more, not sure why this was the case at the time but looking back I would say this is due to a staff shortage. (1 week stay)
Not acceptable as this is a big selling point of the hotel.

Reception
Inexperienced for the volume of traffic that goes through this area.
They have interns who do not speak English at all and just nod, as a consequence our last day was totally ruined due to miscommunications that led to a full scale show down in the lobby!
BTW... I saw quite a few of these show downs in various languages!
Guest relations, same problem, no English so nothing is dealt with, even tried writing it down for them.
No queue/etiquette/order in this area so a big problem with queue jumpers & the staff allow this.
Also this hotel allows day visits by the locals so this makes the situation even worse.

Wifi terrible, don't relay on it at all.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaz7006

Your Sincerely,

Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort Management

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Never recommend to someone to stay in this hotel. The service is horrible, no air conditioning in the lobby, no wifi, no room service, dirty towels. The rooms are not cleaned, I called 10 times asking to clean the room and bring the towels and no one appeared. I was waiting for 2 hours for my suitcases in the room and as the bell boy never appeared I brought them myself. I have never experienced such a terrible service. I am traveling 2-3 times per month all around the world and this is the most ugliest place I have ever visited!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophio M
Burcu A, Yönetici at Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort and for your review.

We as a hotel definitely had no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and I have taken all notes, due to the fact that these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously.

With our sincere wishes to see you again at our hotel as our team members will be dedicated to ensuring your comfort and well-being once again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I was with some friends in this hotel for 7 nights and was not bad at all! Rooms are big and clean, food was good, only drinks was very cheap and not enough choices! Most of the staff is helpful and happy! Many thanks for Ozkan from the main bar, the best bartender from all the hotel bars!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roman C
Burcu A, Yönetici at Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking time to share your nice review regarding your experience at Aria Claros Beach & Spa Resort. Glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and that we were able to exceed your expectations.We do appreciate your feedback and we continue to strive to improve our standard of service at all times.

Best Regards