Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Hook'd on Adventure Parguera
from US$65.00
More Info
All reviews captain nicole private hour hour snorkel tour private snorkel great guide bio bay tour socially distant caracoles cayo mask mangroves boat swimming water
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

The tour was very educational and fascinating to experience. Go when there is a new moon to get the best viewing of the illuminating microorganisms.

Date of experience: June 2021
captnicole, Captain at Hook'd on Adventure Parguera, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for you review. I'm glad you had an amazing time. We hope to see you again in your next adventure!

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Nicole and her dad were the best tour guides. This was a great trip for our family of 11. We had 2 boats booked and split the group up. The kids enjoyed exploring the shallow waters during sunset. We brought Snorkle masks for them. Then we set sail once it was dark to see the bio bay. They had pool floats to use. And we all jumped in to see the glowing/sparkling plankton. We picked a night with the least amount of moon light. It was perfect! We really enjoyed talking with Nicole and learning about the bay and the area in general. Overall a great experience!

Date of experience: June 2021

Thank you for your review! I'm glad we were able to accommodate your family for our Sunset and Bio Bay Tour! Swimming in the bay is truly a magical experience. We hope to see you again in your next adventure in Puerto Rico!

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

Great experience! The tour operator and his daughter were really nice and knowledgeable. The boat ride out to the reef was relaxing. The reef itself is super unique and I haven’t experienced anything like it. It’s essentially a fenced in part of the ocean where the water is super warm. You feel like you’re in a giant pool. The trip out to the bio bay was nice as well. I cannot swim and I went in the water with a life vest and pool noodle and I felt completely safe. You will not regret booking this experience!

Thank you for your review! We love that you had an amazing experience. Swimming in the Bio Bay is truly the way to go, I'm glad you felt safe with our captain and equipment for you to enjoy this natural phenomenon. We hope to see you again in the near future for your next adventure in La Parguera!

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

Refreshments included with medalla beer. Great captain, he provided the group with facts about microorganisms, conditions and suggestions. He was very kind and upon request took pictures to fill your memories. Upon returning he suggested “Caracoles Restaurant” didn’t disappoint good food, huge portions and friendly staff. I just love this trip Thank you captain!

Date of experience: June 2021

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had an amazing time with the captain, he does have great recommendations of the area. We hope to see you again in your next adventure in La Parguera!

Reviewed 8 June 2021

When the tour began, I respectfully asked the boat captain if it was true that the dinoflagellates were barely visible. My question annoyed him and he answered me in a disrespectful manner. He assured me that that was precisely why I had taken the tour. An hour later I was able to confirm my doubt. The bay does not sparkle as it did several decades ago. Practically nothing. I had previously visited Las Cabezas de Fajardo and there you can live the magical experience. They should be honest with tourists. In addition, $65 is too much for a short boat ride. If you visit La Parguera, my recommendation is to go during the day and rent a boat to visit Cayo Caracoles or Mata La Gata. Although this tour includes a visit to Mata La Gata, doing it at sunset will not be very enjoyable. I don't like to make this kind of criticism but they should be more honest with the tourists.

Date of experience: June 2021
captnicole, Captain at Hook'd on Adventure Parguera, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Hi, it is unfortunate that we couldn’t offer you the experience you had in mind. Us captains try to be as respectful and professional as we can be, if that was the case we are sorry to have disrespected you in any manner. We will take note and work hard to not make this mistake again.

As for the price, we do a 2 hour tour in which we do visit one of the islands for an hour you had mentioned previously about renting a boat. We also take 6 passengers per boat, so you have a more private experience during the tour. For “short boat ride” we do travel an approximate 6.1 nautical miles in the area of La Parguera during that tour, that would be 7.3 miles. So the information you have provided doesn’t add up. It is also unfair to say that the La Parguera Bio Bay doesn’t glow, when other companies do make this a living. If you had visited the Fajardo Bio Bay, the guides probably had mentioned that this is a sensitive natural microorganism that can shift in brightness. When that happens, we encourage our clients to swim, and not rush at any point so you can fully enjoy the bioluminescence.

Please contact and give us your booking information so we can provide you the experience again, remember to bring your swimsuit and towel so you can be prepared for the tour! We would gladly take you again, free of charge.