“Unhelpful”

Springwell Inn Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Pendine
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual restaurant and bar meals
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although website states “open from 12pm to 12am “we called at 5pm and were told by owner/chef that he couldn’t organise a meal as he had a party of 30 arriving imminently and had not turned the ovens on,yet was sitting in the bar drinking and then said to come back in an hour!!!We found out from locals that this was a normal thing,as I lived in the village as a child I returned there knowing this pub but not expecting this experience,can only assume that he’s not a “local”sadly I will never call there again!!!!!!

Date of visit: August 2021
belle500, Owner at Springwell Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

with reference to your comments I can confirm that we are open 12-12am these are however are not our cooking times our cooking times are 12pm-3pm and 5.30pm-8.30pm and yes chef was sat in the bar drinking a soft drink waiting for the ovens to heat and a large party to arrive I'm very sorry that we were not able to serve you at that particular time, maybe book next time as we can then accommodate your party.
if 20yrs in the village does not qualify me as local then so be it.

Write a reviewReviews (327)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had lunch at the Springwell today. Service was spot on, food was delivered quickly and fresh cooked. The chips were first class.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

My partner and I came here for a lovely evening meal for our 4th anniversary and it did not disappoint.

Our meals were stunning. I had the pork with black pudding, mash and peppercorn sauce and it's a divine combination, presented beautifully. The pork was also cooked beautifully, not dry at all, and lovely portion sizes.

The staff were friendly and attentive.

Drinks were fab, was nice to have a pint of blue moon with an orange slice in it.

Lovely atmosphere.

We will certainly be eating here again.

(the pub is dog friendly - but dogs can only be in the bar area rather than the restaurant area)

1  Thank susankD378XV
Reviewed 7 August 2021

Visited as we were staying nearby. This place serves delicious food and the staff are very attentive and friendly. Couldn't fault anything and reasonably priced as well. A definite recommendation from me!!

1  Thank marksC8517DN
Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

I booked here after reading good reviews as we were staying at the nearby caravan park. When we arrived, I walked over to check it out and was a little put off by the small dark bar area as you enter. However when we got there in the evening I was amazed when we walked through into a bright airy restaurant with large picture windows overlooking the beach . We had generously sized main courses which were delicious. We decided to have dessert and the cakes were scrumptious and also large portions! Through out service was friendly and efficient. We even got to see some of the England football game which was put on especially for us. We must have enjoyed our meal because we booked and returned later in the week.

Date of visit: June 2021