Kervansaray Marmaris Hotel
Grand Villa Sol Apartments(Armutalan)(Great Value!)
US$41
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,639 results
All reviewsentertainment teamwashing machinebar streetguest relationsturkeybar staffgreat holidayshuttle busthe bell boyevening entertainmenthis facerooms are lovelyamazing hotelkids and adultsturkish bathmini discofamily holiday
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a week's stay at Hotel Kervansaray, Marmaris, I sit on the fence with both good points and bad points.

My week's stay was with three other friends on a chilled "lads holiday". Upon arrival at 6:00am, you could see the hotel just beginning to wake up, all staff members cleaning and manning the front desk. We were helped out with our bags and taken to check in. On the front desk you can see various pieces of information such as food times, pool times and even the free bus service times which take you to various locations around Marmaris.

After a long 4hr 30min flight and 1hr 30min transfer, we were beyond tired and in turn, wide awake. We headed to our rooms to freshen up before breakfast; I'm not sure if the rooms have had a recent refurbishment, but the rooms were like walking into a home where someone has OCD, and I mean in a good way. Everything was as clean as you'd want it, and had a very modern comforting feel to the room.

As for the breakfast, it wasn't great, in fact it was quite poor unfortunately. Me being a typical Brit, on the first day I wanted a Full English, however, half the ingredients was missing and only toast, scrambled egg and beans were present. The scrambled egg had too much milk and still had yolk juice, the beans had no juice and was almost crunchy and the toast was fairly stale. I will happily try other foods of countries culture, but there didn't seem to be much present other than fruits and one type of cereal which was okay taste-wise.

Lunch had small options such as chips, burgers, nuggets and salad which tasted I couldnt complain about. Dinner did have some variety, but did become repetitive, however, was actually quite nice.

The pool (inside & out) were both very clean and was of a decent size. The entertainment team was always around trying to get people to join in on games such as water polo and table tennis; they would also always stop for a chat and have a laugh, the entertainment team work incredibly hard doing very long hours, and when I say long, I mean from 9:00am to almost 3:00am the next day and they are still full of energy. They made the hotel feel very welcoming. Special thanks to Sniper and Coco for giving us a good time.

One issue other than the food was the noise. Whether its a lads holiday you want, or a family holiday, or even in-between like mine was, there was a lot of noise from other areas of the hotel on some days / nights. Days obviously can be noisy, but it was the nights which were a little distressing. We were in a room on the left wing of the hotel, nearer to the dinner and entertainment side and on the 4th floor, but on at least three or four nights, I found it hard to sleep because of noise travelling from the lobby area and echoing up through the hallway and into our room. When I say noise, I mean I could hear every. single. word. As a recommendation, I would install doors at the end of each hallway which surrounds the balcony to the lobby area with fire strips to prevent or at least minimise the travel of sound.

The only other problem at the hotel, which is more of a personal thing to each person is internet access. Sure you go on holiday to get away from the hustle bustle of home and work, but you still want to let family know you're okay and share some pictures. I purchased the WiFi for the week, but unfortunately, to use it in my room I had to sit on my balcony and for around the pool, I would of had to of been selective of where I sat as there were some black spots. Not a major issue, but could use some improvement on the WiFi strength.

Overall, despite the breakfast being poor and some noise issues, I would say the hotel is very good.

In fact, Turkey is very good. It had a bad year last year, and has its problems with government, but as a tourist destination, it's excellent; everyone is so friendly and more than helpful. We had restaurant owners pick us up for free and take us to their establishment for food and even take us back to our hotel. We had bar staff at bars outside of the hotel go to their suppliers to get drinks that they had run out of just to ensure our happiness.

Room Tip: All rooms, if like mine, would be excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just came back from a weeks holiday and before visiting this hotel, I read the reviews and was very nervous about our stay and was definitely expecting the worse! However, I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and my stay at the Kervansaray was wonderful! The rooms were spotless and very spacious, the food was very repetitive and simple but good for how much we paid! The staff are all friendly and make the best effort to speak to each and every individual in the hotel! Would 100% return to this hotel!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just back today after a great week at the kervansaray hotel. The staff were always friendly and very helpful. The entertainment team were fantastic. Full of fun and always smileing wud never pass you without a chat and a laugh. We had a great massage in the spa so wud highly recommend you try this really relaxing. Food was nice and always pleny of it. Fresh food and fruit at any time of the day or night. Will be back again later on in the year.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing hotel staff are extremely freindly kind and helpful and easy to get on woth and have a laugh the interior of the hotel is extremely clean and tidy and the rooms are a great standard with a large walk in shower and great space to put toiletries and its very modern. The hotel room has everything from mini bar to tv and great view from the balcony of the hills and forestry its out the way off town so very quiet also a nice walk to the beach if u didnt like walking they provide free bus to the town if your not a walker. the beds are comfy towels soft and fluffy aircon works brilliant great space for clothes could do with more clothes hangers though and great dressing table also there isnt kettles so bring one. the entrance is very welcoming into the hotel the lobby area is clean and tidy staff welcome u with open arms the beuty treatments are great little extra the indoor pool is nice and clean the fitness centre is great for a run and floor exercises could do with a hoover :( plenty of info and seating in the lobby and drinks availible throughout the eve

Now the food is amazing however it could do with cutting down the choice is way too much they could save money by reducing the amount of food as some must be waisted so much to choose so much to negotiate and effort thats not needed and people still moan (REALLY try not eating chips and actually eat food) just people who love fast food that moan so kervansanary hotel ur choice is great just too much save ££££ cut back also the floors really dont need cleaning 4 or 5 times a day lol but its nice they are. outdoor pool snack bar perfect if you like the pool big enough and enough fun good food choice clean tidy same as for the outdoor eating terrace great barbeque food entertainment is fun but seems a waist as not really many people are interested maybe in the height of season be different but again for those who watched it brilliant and the large drive upto the hotel could do with some lighting however kervansanary hotel i think you are a excellent hotel your staff give 100% and some go a little extra especially coco great lad and goes that extra mile with customers thabks for making our stay great

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dwayne W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kervansaray Marmaris Hotel is a very good hotel and is great for a family holiday. There is lots to do at Kervansaray. The rooms were also very nice and cosy. The food and service was good. The hotel is good for kids as everyday at 9:00pm there is a Kids club. There is always something to do and the pool is excellent. It was so good that we didn't want to leave! The massages were especially great that my whole family had to have one !

The staff are also very helpful and the entertainment was amazing. I recommend this hotel to families.

Room Tip: If you have kids , take them to the Kids club at 9!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family