“Simply delicious”

Villa Borghese - La Table de Pauline
Reserve with
Villa Borghese - La Table de Pauline is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$27 - US$63
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel for a whole week and ate here every evening. They have a menu of the day (3 cources, 2 choices per course), an "a la carte" menu and a 5 course menu that we could take for the price of a normal menu once per week.

Great food, really high quality of products (fresh, quality and top level of cooking), quick service and the staff was always present for each question / request we had.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We loved every course on the set menu. It was busy and they maybe wish they'd had some extra staff.

The dining room is very 1970's.
Personally I think they should remove the glass from the huge window overlooking the staircase. And I would remove the wall partition separating the restaurant from those eating on the terrace. But then I'd redesign their swimming pool too so maybe I should just focus on the superb food!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This is probably one of the strangest restaurant experiences I've ever had, and in a bad way. We ordered the tasting menu, and it sounded delicious in the description in the menu, it was presented in a beautiful way but every single meal was awful. It was either unbalanced, over cooked or tasteless. Staff was correct and nice enough but didn't really care when I told them how I felt about the food. I would have sent it back, but didn't expect the kitchen could do better and was too tired and hungry to take a fight. It was so bad it would have been funny if it weren't so expensive, about 100€ for two persons. I've had better for 20€. Reading the other reviews, I can't believe we've been to the same place.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

The food here was quite good, and the service was excellent. Breakfast was the normal European buffet and was more than adequate. Dinners were very good.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Ample food, good bread at breakfast buffet, soya milk as requested. Because we were a group eating together, dinner for us was quite early and service sometimes a tad rushed.