All reviews messinian bay wedding party swimming pool private beach pleasant stay sea view kalamata city balcony euro mattresses
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Having a great time at this gem of a hotel. They are so nice and accommodating. Room is nice with large balcony with breathtaking view and air conditioning. Pool is lovely and seems heated. Stairs to private beach. I wish it wasn’t Rocky but otherwise nice.. lots of bar pubs and restaurants a few meters away. Beach with water activities is a 5 minutes walk. Taxi to town is 8 euro.
The staff is amazing. They lent me a plug for my laptop. Gave me a very late checkout at a decent price. All in all, a lovely hotel.

View from
Our balcony

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Beautiful view to wake up to every morning!
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great with different options (including gluten free).
The rooms and hotel needs a little renovating...they are a bit out dated, but clean. Very family friendly!
The only downfall are the beach umbrellas. There are only 10 umbrellas which makes it difficult to find one when the hotel is full.

Room Tip: All rooms have the beautiful view of the Messinian waters!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for a few days as we were there for a family gathering. I didn’t pay so much attention to the room at the first bit as we were very busy. The next day we had to check out and I was informed that the rooms where not payed. We had register a card online through booking.com, though the hotel didn’t charge it as it’s in their politics not to take any payment before and let customers pay cash upfront or with CC which of course we had no idea about, (wasn’t mentioned on the website) and to be honest with you we never heard before happening else where... My concerns were not about the payment or not or the method of payment, but the unprofessional approach, rudeness and incompetence by the stuff. The receptionist spoke in a very unprofessional manner, clearly you could tell that she didn’t care about her job, and actually started raising her voice and talking down to me and my family members as she thought we were not going to pay. How ridiculous indeed! It was beyond any belief as I HAD NEVER EXPERIENCE ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE! She didn’t offer any other solutions as a professional of high integrity would do. In the end she didn’t say “thank you”! I was thinking is she really employed to do this job that entitles customer service professionalism. ???? I was socked....The room is nothing special and it doesn’t worth the money.(78 €) I am not aware if it is a problem of condensation in the room though the bathroom skirtings were moldy and dirty throughout. The skirting walling had marks and the paint on the wall needs some decoration.The tiles in the bathroom need mastic as you could see the gap in-between. Helloooo???? Thinking about renovating it?????The shower screen was very dirty as well, for that reason, I preferred not to have a shower as I felt disgusted. The air condition unit was very dirty and it didn’t operate well at all. The cleanliness was really bad as well. I wouldn’t recommend it for all the above reasonable reasons!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had stayed at this hotel some years ago and as a result of our satisfactory first staying we decided to go back for a week this year.Thing proved to be even better this time.The hotel had been renovated,the service was immaculate in all the sectors,cleanliness,changing of bed sheets and towels on a daily bases,decent breakfast and quite good quality lunch.We are definitely going back sometime in the near future.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel March 2018, the room we had on the second floor was basic and clean. There were no tea or coffee facilities within the room which was compounded by the hotel restaurant being closed when we arrived at 8pm, having driven down from Athens.

The manager on the front desk when we arrived was abrupt and dismissive, also the details he had downloaded of our booking only showed one adult and not my son who had been on the booking. This was eventually fixed when I showed him the email from the booking agent, which clearly showed both my sons details and that of myself. The WIFI code was never issued either.

In the morning the breakfast buffet was reasonable, however the hotel was empty and the silence was broken occasionally by the same manager having a conversation with his friends who where sat in reception.

Stayed: March 2018